Jet's RICER-BIKE DILEMMA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jetproppilot

Turboprop Driver
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Alright friends (mostly talkin' to Mil here, but ya'll join in),

As ya'll regulars know I had a Suzuki GSZ-1300R Hayabusa for a while, circa 2002-2004.

Loved the bike.

Never layed down the bike.

But after gaining some prowess (read:intermediate sport bike rider) on the machine, started to take it to another level.

For whatever reason, I LOVE wheelies. So I got pretty good at wheelies, albeit 1st and 2nd gear. Front wheel is off the ground (still) in second gear (on a Hayabusa thats about 110 mph) then its time to let the front wheel feel some pavement....

in essence, crazy stuff I did.

So then I had some kind of (real-world) epiphany that told me to SELL THE BIKE....you're living on borrowed time with your wrecklessness...

all good....sell the Hayabusa..bye bye...

THEN I endure this HURRICANE KATRINA s h it...where at one point, boys and girls, I didnt know whether I was gonna live or die.

Yeah, thats meladrama, but some true s h it.

Glance back to current day, I'm still here, albeit with a somewhat-un-wanted apathetic attitude....a culmination of the storm, our losses, and a realization that mortality is driven by uncontrollable forces/situations.....

so are ya'll feelin' me here?

Here's the message in a nutshell that I need my colleagues' input on:

I LOVE riding crotch-rockets.

I gained an (intermediate) level of prowess on crotch rockets.

I saw a wreck-in-the-future (pre-Katrina), and being the all-responsible father, said ok-time-to-sell-the-bike-since-my-wheelies-are-getting-a-little-too-good.

Then KATRINA comes, I'm here for the fury, kids and all.

And we escape.

Life goes on. To this day, very f u kkked up since I dont have a whole-house yet, but still existing.....

which makes one ask...

why the fear of the motorcycle?

think about that for a minute.....

I sold a Hayabusa because I feared for the negative-sequalae it could bring....

then the city I live in felt the wrath of mother nature, and tore apart the life I knew....ohhhh yeah thats really meladramatic but folks, its the d a mn truth....

so you're me....Jet...a year outta Katrina....pondering WTF????

I gave up the Hayabusa because I was scared of laying the bike down???

HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

Laying the bike down is a minimal-fraction of what I and my family have incurred because of Hurricane Katrina.

Hardship. Living in conditions we shouldnt be living in. Living in a city with escalating crime.

Geez.

And I just wanna feel the exhileration of bringing the front-wheel of a superbike off the pavement at 80 mph again....irresponsible? ...pre-my-Katrina-experiences, I wouldda said absolutely....but now I'm ambivalent...

SO WHATCHA THINK????

Remember, I was here for the storm....I got out, yes, but I still carry the doom card...the real feeling of maybe-I-cant-escape-from-this-situation feeling.

And yet we made it out.

So here I am a year later.

Family intact, albeit with a different feeling on the whole mortality thing.

SO heres the question:

Is it wreckless that I wanna buy another superbike?

Opinions welcomed.
 
I think you're practicing responsible risk management. You can't change mother nature. You can change your own habits. If you're going to die during a natural disaster your number was up. If you die on a bike you may have been able to change that.
 
I gained an (intermediate) level of prowess on crotch rockets.

SO WHATCHA THINK????

Is it wreckless that I wanna buy another superbike?

That's exactly where you don't wanna be: intermediate level = too much confidence for your skill level so wreckless, yes, buy another one: no if you like the adrenaline you can find less risky occupation in my opinion.
Have you told your wife? i'm sure she'll talk you out of it 😀
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Jet,

I sold my bike after my second child was born in 2000.

Went bikeless for a year or so.

On September 11, 2001, I was home....taking a couple of days off after my Critical Care Medicine Boards....

Guess what I happens???? Bunch of mutha ****a's ram some jet's into US property.

I didn't have the TV on at the time, so I didn't find out about it until my pager goes off and called the number.

I was told "Lieutenant Commander, your leave has been cancelled, you are hereby placed on 1-hour alert. You need to pack your seabag".

6 hours later, I was on my way to New York...with no end date for the deployment.

Guess what I bought, the second I got home?


but I keep the front wheel on the ground.
 
I can see were you guys come from although not having been in an as dramatic situation but is your decision rational or emotional? for your kids Katrina and 9/11 will mean little if you are dead/in a wheel chair... 😳
I've had (dirt) bikes myself but something that makes you illegal on any road in just 2nd gear (with so much exposure) has got to be wrong? :scared:
 
Get a bike if you can ride responsibly.
Go visit a PMR floor and check out a few TBI or SCI patients.
If you need to get the front tire off the ground, or break the speed limit (or 20+ over), then get a track only bike. Keep pushing it and you will be dead.
Ride responsibly, live longer.

I wrecked a Nighthawk S going 55mph, didn't get hurt. I bought an 1100 Sabre 2 years later, sold it 1 year after that as I was getting wreckless.
Now I race an STI in autocross and Road Atlanta when my schedule allows.

Do the right thing. Don't be an idiot.
 
Hey Bro,

I feel ya in the post. I really do.

But if you want thrills, go get a ride in a fighter jet. Hell, go over to russia, and they will let you fly migs for the right price.

Forget the wheelies. No parachute on that ejection seat. You got kids. Go skydiving, basejumping, bungee cording off a bridge into a ravine. Get a powerful sports car and go up to the badlands to drive it.

Just forget the wheelies.

Coastie

Alright friends (mostly talkin' to Mil here, but ya'll join in),

As ya'll regulars know I had a Suzuki GSZ-1300R Hayabusa for a while, circa 2002-2004.

Loved the bike.

Never layed down the bike.

But after gaining some prowess (read:intermediate sport bike rider) on the machine, started to take it to another level.

For whatever reason, I LOVE wheelies. So I got pretty good at wheelies, albeit 1st and 2nd gear. Front wheel is off the ground (still) in second gear (on a Hayabusa thats about 110 mph) then its time to let the front wheel feel some pavement....

in essence, crazy stuff I did.

So then I had some kind of (real-world) epiphany that told me to SELL THE BIKE....you're living on borrowed time with your wrecklessness...

all good....sell the Hayabusa..bye bye...

THEN I endure this HURRICANE KATRINA s h it...where at one point, boys and girls, I didnt know whether I was gonna live or die.

Yeah, thats meladrama, but some true s h it.

Glance back to current day, I'm still here, albeit with a somewhat-un-wanted apathetic attitude....a culmination of the storm, our losses, and a realization that mortality is driven by uncontrollable forces/situations.....

so are ya'll feelin' me here?

Here's the message in a nutshell that I need my colleagues' input on:

I LOVE riding crotch-rockets.

I gained an (intermediate) level of prowess on crotch rockets.

I saw a wreck-in-the-future (pre-Katrina), and being the all-responsible father, said ok-time-to-sell-the-bike-since-my-wheelies-are-getting-a-little-too-good.

Then KATRINA comes, I'm here for the fury, kids and all.

And we escape.

Life goes on. To this day, very f u kkked up since I dont have a whole-house yet, but still existing.....

which makes one ask...

why the fear of the motorcycle?

think about that for a minute.....

I sold a Hayabusa because I feared for the negative-sequalae it could bring....

then the city I live in felt the wrath of mother nature, and tore apart the life I knew....ohhhh yeah thats really meladramatic but folks, its the d a mn truth....

so you're me....Jet...a year outta Katrina....pondering WTF????

I gave up the Hayabusa because I was scared of laying the bike down???

HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

Laying the bike down is a minimal-fraction of what I and my family have incurred because of Hurricane Katrina.

Hardship. Living in conditions we shouldnt be living in. Living in a city with escalating crime.

Geez.

And I just wanna feel the exhileration of bringing the front-wheel of a superbike off the pavement at 80 mph again....irresponsible? ...pre-my-Katrina-experiences, I wouldda said absolutely....but now I'm ambivalent...

SO WHATCHA THINK????

Remember, I was here for the storm....I got out, yes, but I still carry the doom card...the real feeling of maybe-I-cant-escape-from-this-situation feeling.

And yet we made it out.

So here I am a year later.

Family intact, albeit with a different feeling on the whole mortality thing.

SO heres the question:

Is it wreckless that I wanna buy another superbike?

Opinions welcomed.
 
Get a bike if you can ride responsibly.
Go visit a PMR floor and check out a few TBI or SCI patients.
If you need to get the front tire off the ground, or break the speed limit (or 20+ over), then get a track only bike. Keep pushing it and you will be dead.
Ride responsibly, live longer.

I wrecked a Nighthawk S going 55mph, didn't get hurt. I bought an 1100 Sabre 2 years later, sold it 1 year after that as I was getting wreckless.
Now I race an STI in autocross and Road Atlanta when my schedule allows.

Do the right thing. Don't be an idiot.

I just bought a STI......they're almost as fun as my K1200s
 
Youve got kids to think about, there are lots of other things that you can do to (much more safely) enjoy yourself.
I think that you shouldnt fear death so much that you dont have any fun, but there are some things that are just to risky. Sport bikes are one for sure, if you really are stuck on them then ride them on a track where some idiot in a minivan cant pull right out in front of you and you are not very likely to meet up with the front end of a 4000 plus pound object heading the other direction at 40+ mph. Just the other day someone pulled right out in front of me in town where I was doing 50mph, lets just say that my car has good brakes (14inch four piston brembos), and I had to swerve and slam on the brakes at the same time. The outcome would have been bad on a bike. There was no warning, Its really hard to predict the stupidity of others.
 
Ahhhhhhh, sweet youth...
Alas, when I was but a young whipper snapper, I would live and breathe bikes-
Shoot, I remember during my highschool years I would take off during lunch period on an old off road I had & carve up a vacant lot I had found nearby. Odd the daily pleasure a jaunting ride through a makeshift track would bring ( although for some reason, my physics teacher would not appreciate the mud-caked sneaks )!
During my senior year, I would partake in weekly 125mx circuits, but in college, boy, that's where I found true excitement: a stroked & bored, wide-open-chambered RD400 ( two stroke terror, baby! ). Now, I'm not a big dude like the Jetster, but when the front wheel would pop on third I felt like a giant ( what an adrenaline rush! ).
Hell, I was always tinkering on it, figuring ways to almost fly on it. Although on student loans, there was always a little extra cash to put into it- and the dealer was a 10 minute ride out...funny thing, I don't really remember the drunk bastard that swerved head-on into me. I guess it's a good thing, what with getting a lacerated jug, mult fx's and laying on the street in a pool of my own blood. Thing that kills me is what happened to all those years of agile reflexes during my " training " ? Was I not " the man " with all those wheelies?
I'll tell you what: my life forever changed. It could have been worse- I might not even have made it...so who am I to complain of a neck scar & noticible limp to carry me thru life?
Do I miss bikes? When I see one those awesome rides, I still get that same tart taste I experience when I see a luscious babe...but these days, muscle cars is where you'll find me.
By the way, sorry- this is the longest post I've ever given you guys!
 
for all those who say doing what I do in my Avatar is unsafe....here is another point of view.

I have, and I hope all of you have, a BIG life insurance policy, and I have a disability policy that is maxed out....and I'm always shopping for better, more comprehensive disability policy.

So part of the underwriting process requires a quite rigorous questionaire about your habits, etc.

They check on your driving record, criminal record, etc.

They ask whether you have lived outside of the country, they ask about future plans to travel outside of the country.....and what countries you plan on visiting.

They ask about your hobbies...scuba, flying, racing, skydiving, base-jumping, snow skiing.......

Guess what???? They DID NOT ask about MOTORCYCLING in this 45 minute telephone interview.....

I even made a point of asking if they forgot to ask about MOTORCYCLING.....I was told "no"....not considered a risk for disability insurance....

Why?

I don't know....

But insurance companies make a business out of assessing risk...and then based on the perceived risk/actuarial data, they decide whether they want to insure you or not and at what rate...

I was given the lowest rate....even with my Avatar....

Why?

Many they have data to support that guys in their late 30's early 40's who are anesthesiologists, who are married with kids, who work hard .......are REALLY safe.
 
I continued my disability policy when I finished my internship. The agent told me that anesthesia, CT surgery, orthopaedics, emergency medicine, and psych all have rates that are 50% higher than other specialties. I was in internal medicine at the time and decided it was worth paying my own way right now to have cheaper rates later. Mil's company may be different and, as always, your mileage may vary. Bottom line: you've got to have a disability policy.

I've actually considered selling my woodworking tools. I guess I've spent too much time doing hand and finger replants after table saw accidents. I figure I can't work if I cut my hand off, and I feel I have a responsibility to my spouse. I've got some life insurance, and I'm in the process of increasing my life insurance so she'll have enough to pay off the house and live comfortably for a few years. When I finish residency, I'll get a much bigger policy. Her friend's husband died in a plane crash and left a wife and 3 small kids and no life insurance. Not particularly responsible in my opinion. Bottom line: You've got to have life insurance.

As for the motorcycles, that's a tough call. You can't live your life sitting on the couch avoiding all harm. We work hard enough that we deserve to have some fun, and we get paid enough that we can typically afford to have some fun. As was mentioned earlier, one problem with motorcycles on the street is the stupid people who will run into you. The track bike may be a good compromise. The other night I intubated guy who became a low thoracic para after a dirt bike accident. I don't know how much operator error was involved, but his life is never going to be the same and neither will the lives of his family members. That said, a lot of people ride motorcycles their entire lives and never have an injury. The problem is you don't know which group you're going to fall into. In the end, it's up to you, and it might not be a bad idea involving your spouse.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When I was 16....gotta compression fx of t-12....motocross racing. After lying on my back for 6 weeks went for check up to see if I could get outa bed....doc exams me and asks if I have any questions....I said when can I ride my bike? The only feeling of freedom that's probably greater is flying....but u do that. Seeing so many people die through the years, I'm convinced when it's your number, it's your number and not a damn thing u can do about it. Now, He, and others, do expect you to use some sense about things. Go for it, be smart, be safe, enjoy..........................remember, you aren't immortal. 🙂
 
MMD,
Agree with most of what you write. The below smacks of rationalization. It is indeed bizarre that your insurers aren't concerned. "Good" for you and your wallet. That said, you are CCM. How does your rationalization jive with what you have seen with your own eyes at work? I spent only 1 month in the SICU at a major lvl 1 last summer and saw countless young quads waiting to go to the vent farm to while away their days....

I assume you don't think that just because you are more mature and sober than the young men in your SICU that this can't happen to you? I have been hit by cars over 10 times on my bicycle and have been very lucky (despite being very vigilant).

I, myself, used to rock and ice climb. Frozen, thin waterfalls, chunks of ice falling off them... Took a 20 ft leader fall to the ground and emerged unscathed. Could have been a quad.

My good friend who was literally known world wide in the climbing community as a RIDICULOUSLY Safe mountaineer died in Alaska mountain climbing. I wrote his obituary. THat whole "died doing what he loved" is selfish, at a minimum and empty words at the max. He left a wife and 2 kids. Who cares if he had life insurance? They aren't poor but their dad is dead.

I wholeheartedly say do not fear death to the point of not living life. That said, I have chosen a sport which has only hyponatremia and ARF as complications rather than a "guaranteed death".



for all those who say doing what I do in my Avatar is unsafe....here is another point of view.

I have, and I hope all of you have, a BIG life insurance policy, and I have a disability policy that is maxed out....and I'm always shopping for better, more comprehensive disability policy.

So part of the underwriting process requires a quite rigorous questionaire about your habits, etc.

They check on your driving record, criminal record, etc.

They ask whether you have lived outside of the country, they ask about future plans to travel outside of the country.....and what countries you plan on visiting.

They ask about your hobbies...scuba, flying, racing, skydiving, base-jumping, snow skiing.......

Guess what???? They DID NOT ask about MOTORCYCLING in this 45 minute telephone interview.....

I even made a point of asking if they forgot to ask about MOTORCYCLING.....I was told "no"....not considered a risk for disability insurance....

Why?

I don't know....

But insurance companies make a business out of assessing risk...and then based on the perceived risk/actuarial data, they decide whether they want to insure you or not and at what rate...

I was given the lowest rate....even with my Avatar....

Why?

Many they have data to support that guys in their late 30's early 40's who are anesthesiologists, who are married with kids, who work hard .......are REALLY safe.
 
I see lots of motorcycle accident victims, and I query each of them with extreme interest as to what happened....

So far, the ones that I have met.....they were doing something they knew they shouldn't.

I know I'm at risk, but LIFE is risky....I want to have some fun.
 
Get a Yak 52 or something. Aerobatics are safer than wheelies - and aerobatic accidents are clean - no amputations, devastating neuro injuries, etc.

In the Yak52 pilot manual and half of the in-flight emergency procedures are open canopy and jump out. That is an option you don't have on the ground. Sukhoi offers an ejection system an option that will with the push of a button throw you out of the aircraft which had been safely tested down to 50 meters and as fast as 350 km/h
 
I see lots of motorcycle accident victims, and I query each of them with extreme interest as to what happened....

So far, the ones that I have met.....they were doing something they knew they shouldn't.

I know I'm at risk, but LIFE is risky....I want to have some fun.


I suggested a Yak55 to soon, some hobbies are dangerous no matter how careful you are. When you time is up, there is not a lot you can do. In hind sight every incident is obvious and avoidable but no matter how smart we think we are, we all make mistakes.



http://www.timesofmalta.com/core/print_article.php?id=236607

The Yak-55 piloted by Swedish aerobatic Gábor Varga stalls as its tail is clipped off in a collision with the red and white Extra 200 of 37-year-old Irish pilot Eddie Goggins during the Aero GP of Malta yesterday. Middle: The tailless Yak nosedives into the water seconds after the collision at the entrance of Marsamxett harbour. Bottom: Mr Goggins parachutes safely as his aircraft hits the water. Photos: Matthew Mirabelli

----------------------------------------------

"You can plan all you want to. You can lie in your morning bed and fill whole notebooks with schemes and intentions. But within a single afternoon, within hours or minutes, everything you plan and everything you have fought to make yourself can be undone as a slug is undone when salt is poured on him. And right up to the moment when you find yourself dissolving into foam you can still believe you are doing fine." Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner quoted by Jensen…
 
I would LOVE to learn how to fly and own an acrobatic aircraft.....but I can't afford it.......

Maybe you guys have jobs that allow you to afford such toys, but I'm limited to best bang for your buck cars and bikes....Subaru STI and K1200S....

dsc00710ud.jpg


1003054aq0.jpg
 
Get a Yak 52 or something. Aerobatics are safer than wheelies - and aerobatic accidents are clean - no amputations, devastating neuro injuries, etc.

I hear ya.

I love to fly as you all know but dont know if I'm into the aerobatic thing.

Have a buddy who flew a one-seat Acroduster competitively who, during a competition, had an elevator issue that he figured out would not allow him to land the aircraft so he turned it toward an uninhabited area, put it into a dive, and jumped out. 😱

Parachuted to safety and the rescue helicopter that was at the competition came and picked him up.

A week later he was looking for another plane.

I'm pretty gutsy but the whole parachuting thing isnt for me, and if you fly an acrobat you've gotta be ready for that.
 
Listen, I almost died on 4 occasions and I never felt the way you did. After coming this close to die, I changed but in a different manner than you did. I used to be a slacker and I was lazy as hell, now I'm working hard to acheive my goals. I have more will than ever and I'm not feeling like taking risks because I can't control death. If anything we have some control if we're not doing risky things. I wouldn't do that, especially if I had kids.
 
I would LOVE to learn how to fly and own an acrobatic aircraft.....but I can't afford it.......

Flying can be pricey (especially if you like jetprops 🙂 but it can be far cheaper than you would think. I won't hijack the thread, but I'm happy to field PM's from anyone who would love to fly if they could afford it ... and tell you how you can.
 
My opinion is...instead of getting a GSXR 1300 Hayabusa...get a GSXR-600 or GSXR-750...If your a small guy, then the 1300 is too big, and for almost everyone, it is too fast. I mean they will stand up going 160mph...my Lancer wont even go that fast (old lancer, just wrecked it). And if you get in a wreck, you will stop going fast if it affected you mentally. My wreck with the Lancer changed my life...i'm too scared to go above 65 now...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
And if you get in a wreck, you will stop going fast if it affected you mentally. My wreck with the Lancer changed my life...i'm too scared to go above 65 now...

very true

had the same experience myself!
 
It depends on what you want. You want to do the occasional wheelie? You don't need a busa to do that, get a motard. They're lighter and more fun at low speeds and in traffic. You want to go 200mph? Maybe you should stick to 4 wheels. Get a convertible.

You only about 45 minutes away from no problem raceway. I recomend a trackday about once a month to let the squid in you come out.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c317/NickIF/MotivatorSVsignature.jpg
 
Jet maybe you need something with some get up and go, but not the animalistic power of the busa. I was in your shoes for the last year trying to decided if I wanted a busa or something else. I've been riding motorcycles since I was eight and started street bikes at sixteen (that seems forever ago). Anyway...while I was looking at the sport bikes, while I was at the Honda dealer and test rode the VTX 1800c. No sport bike but wow did it have the get up and go. I ended up purchasing a VTX 1800R just a month ago and couldn't be happier. This bike has a great amount of pick up (enough to do something stupid) but not like the busa. I can also take my daugters for rides on this without worrying they will fly off the backe (the older ones anyway).

The point is have you considered a sport cruiser like the V-rod, VTX 1800 c or F model, and the new Suzuki M105R (the newest bad boy). I don't regret my decision as I know I would do something stupid with the busa.
 
Look, Jet and all you other adrenaline junkies:

You wanna get your rocks off?

Wanna live extreme and take it to the edge?

You don't need a motorcycle or airplanes for those cheap thrills.

You should participate in...

FULL CONTACT ORIGAMI!


Let me tell you, that stuff will scare your **** white!


misfit
 
I just woke up today to see on the news that some guy died while doing a wheelie on his crotch rocket . . . I am sure 10 seconds before the crash he was thinking . . . I can handle this
 
Jet maybe you need something with some get up and go, but not the animalistic power of the busa. I was in your shoes for the last year trying to decided if I wanted a busa or something else. I've been riding motorcycles since I was eight and started street bikes at sixteen (that seems forever ago). Anyway...while I was looking at the sport bikes, while I was at the Honda dealer and test rode the VTX 1800c. No sport bike but wow did it have the get up and go. I ended up purchasing a VTX 1800R just a month ago and couldn't be happier. This bike has a great amount of pick up (enough to do something stupid) but not like the busa. I can also take my daugters for rides on this without worrying they will fly off the backe (the older ones anyway).

The point is have you considered a sport cruiser like the V-rod, VTX 1800 c or F model, and the new Suzuki M105R (the newest bad boy). I don't regret my decision as I know I would do something stupid with the busa.


Thanks for the insight, Zeffer and everyone.
 
Jet,

This is the answer to your dilemma.....All the adrenalin of having 2 wheels...and lean angles, but the safety of a car.....

I've been thinking about getting one.

Kodak_20.jpg
 
This is the answer to your dilemma.....All the adrenalin of having 2 wheels...and lean angles, but the safety of a car.....

I've been thinking about getting one.

Mil

That's great but if you are going to get the strangest bike in your town why not go all the way and get one that with the push of a button can fly.

palvonroad.jpg


palvinflt.jpg
 

Attachments

  • palvinflt.jpg
    palvinflt.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 126
  • palvonroad.jpg
    palvonroad.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 172
You've got a point, Dude.

Seriously Jet, buy an Orthopedic Surgeon Retirement Fund Supporter and just go to the freaking track on your time off. You can speed without worrying about joe law, or some 100lb dog, deer, or kid running out in front of you and youll totally get your rocks off.
 
Seriously Jet, buy an Orthopedic Surgeon Retirement Fund Supporter and just go to the freaking track on your time off. You can speed without worrying about joe law, or some 100lb dog, deer, or kid running out in front of you and youll totally get your rocks off.

Bottom line, I'm feeling, is I can ride whatever I want...as long as its on a track with controlled conditions.

Nice insight.

Gonna look into it.

BTW, my brother in law who bought my 'busa had it lowered, lengthened, exhaust/chain/intake modified, and computer-chipped....

Quarter mile....9.38 😱
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good for you, Jet!

Yikes: 9.38 ? I wonder if a shot of nitrous will get it low 8 ?!!
 
Bottom line, I'm feeling, is I can ride whatever the fuk I want...as long as its on a track with controlled conditions.

Nice insight.

Gonna look into it.

BTW, my brother in law who bought my 'busa had it lowered, lengthened, exhaust/chain/intake modified, and computer-chipped....

Quarter mile....9.38 😱

You wont look back...once you go track you never go back.....:laugh: