JHU 2013 -14: advising?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

octopus1984

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hi all, was just accepted to JHU's postbac program. I noticed the Director began this previous year in 2012 - can anyone comment on their experience with advising? Thanks -
 
I have been accepted too and am deciding. I LOVED the director - she is what is tempting me to go there. However I have heard that the program is more competitive and less friendly than others...
 
Hey guys. I was also accepted to the program for the upcoming school year. I did a little research on her and found that she was the program coordinator and subsequently the program director for UC Berkeley's post-bac program so she does have some experience. Her research is also focused on "application strategy and effective mentorship" according to the Hopkins website (http://biotechnology.jhu.edu/graduate-education/faculty/index.html) and in my interview she told me she was published in this area as well. Although she's young and new to the Hopkins program, I think she brings a lot to the table.

Any current Hopkins post-bac students out there have an opinion to share?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone, I'm also going to be attending JHU starting in May. Looking forward to it! I'm still looking for a place to live (only found out I was accepted a couple weeks ago). I was thinking about organizing some kind of unofficial get-together for all of us once classes start. Are there any fellow SDN lurkers who would be down to co-host with me?