Step II JNC 8 and new cholesterol guidelines for 2015 Step II?

Started by Ceusina
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Ceusina

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any insight whether or not JNC 8 will be tested on Step 2 this year? UWorld seems to follow JNC 7 recommendations... but admittedly I haven't gotten a ton of questions on hypertension, so I'm not certain on this. Step Up to Medicine (3rd edition) seems to follow JNC 7.

What about the new 2013 ACC/AHA cholesterol guidelines? Worth memorizing? Step Up to Medicine uses older guidelines. Not sure about UWorld.
 
I don't recall any cholesterol guideline questions on my exam...but Uworld should be updated now. The most they would probably ask is whether or not to give a Statin, and usually the answer is, yes give it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@zany_brainy Could you give me the Q# of those UW lipid guidelines? I don't remember I have seen any in UW...

I don't know the exact question numbers, but a few of the questions had that big table with recommendations on high dose vs medium dose vs low dose statins for different patients, what to do for diabetics 40-75 years old according to the ASCVD score etc.