Job at hospital

Morgan82

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am 16 years old, and I want to go into the medical field (thinking about a doctor). I am trying to decide what to do this summer. I am wondering if it is possible to get a job at a hospital.

I want to make some money, and also start with medical.

Members don't see this ad.

I am 16 years old, and I want to go into the medical field (thinking about a doctor). I am trying to decide what to do this summer. I am wondering if it is possible to get a job at a hospital.

I want to make some money, and also start with medical.

You could probably get a job, it won't be high paying though. Check with your hospital. Not much more I can offer.

In my city the hospital offers jobs in support services, but I think you have to be 18.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's not likely that you'll get a paying job in a hospital at only 16 however there's definitely some volunteer positions you could take up. I'd look elsewhere for money opportunities.

Uh, do you have any certifications? EMT, First Responder, even just CPR?
You need something for a hospital to hire you on lol.
Have you considered fast food for now? Mickie D's is paying 10$ an hour for closers :D

If you're really interested, I'd consider getting a CNA certification. Since you're obviously not in senior year yet, check if your high school offers Clinical Rotation courses or something similar, which can certify you for free. :D

As a CNA, you basically just do whatever nurses say. It can be a great experience, especially if you're not squeamish about patient contact! While you may not get a job at the hospital at 16, you can definitely try nursing homes. And while you're not certified, get a simple job to gain credibility...like fast food. ;)

Uh, do you have any certifications? EMT, First Responder, even just CPR?
You need something for a hospital to hire you on lol.
Have you considered fast food for now? Mickie D's is paying 10$ an hour for closers :D
Do NOT work at McDonald's.

If you're really interested, I'd consider getting a CNA certification. Since you're obviously not in senior year yet, check if your high school offers Clinical Rotation courses or something similar, which can certify you for free. :D

As a CNA, you basically just do whatever nurses say. It can be a great experience, especially if you're not squeamish about patient contact! While you may not get a job at the hospital at 16, you can definitely try nursing homes. And while you're not certified, get a simple job to gain credibility...like fast food. ;)
I doubt high schools do that. You can take classes/get certified at a community college or something.

DO NOT work in fast food. I know I live in NJ and have unlim opportunities, but unless you live in rural America, there are better, higher paying jobs out there if you look.

I'm not saying completely like bypass it, I just hate it when people mention Wal Mart, or McDonald's...there ARE higher paying jobs for high school students, and even more options open when you are in UG if you decide to work in college. Happy hunting :D

You should also look into part time jobs in UG that will also give you clinical experience.