job hunting during APPE rotations

Started by ipharmacy
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ipharmacy

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have recently started the APPE rotations during my fourth year. I has been recommended that I apply for jobs early on in my fourth year. I was wondering how soon do students apply for jobs during fourth year for after they graduate?
 
I didn't get a lot of interest until about January or February of the year I graduated. That said, apply early so you can at least practice your interview skills and maybe obtain a job promise earlier. I'd start in September or October, but don't get discouraged if you don't hear anything until later (ie, keep applying to jobs until you get a "bite").
 
We have a career fair in the fall of 4th year (Oct-Nov). Definitely start turning your applications in around that time. I interviewed with three companies, 2 of which I didn't want to and only did so to practice interviewing (hah. so lame) and the last one I knew I would get the job because I had been with the company. I found out in Nov about my offers and for other students it started from Nov- and trickled through graduation. A few of my friends are still looking for jobs and just graduated this year.