Job interview advice for second /third year fellows

Started by ashake
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ashake

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello again,

As I mentioned in a previous post, I am a second year fellow in hematology oncology. I am currently looking for jobs and actively interviewing. I will be able to practice independently in July 2019. How soon should I sign the contract? Do practices /hospitals give contracts one year ahead ?

My overall experience has been very neutral. I have interviewed at positions in very small cities in remote areas. Haven't heard anything affirmative till now. Are hospitals /practices nervous about hiring fresh graduates ? There must be some anxiety at their end, as they wouldn't want to hand over their business to someone inexperienced. I believe they would also want someone who would stick in that practice long term (>3 years Maybe)

To the senior folks in this forum. What was your experience when you were looking for that first job?