job market in nevada and arizona?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

moissanite69

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am thinking about moving to arizona or nevada to look for jobs. Does anyone here know how is the job market at these places? Thanks.
 
Here in AZ, it's "meh" depending on what you want to do. There are some hospital positions open (a couple at my hospital) but I heard Banner is cutting down their staff significantly...and they have a lot of hospitals in the Phx metro area. As a member of the Arizona Pharmacy Alliance, I get updates on available jobs. I have seen posts for about 20 jobs in the last couple months or so. But, with the c/o 2011 graduating, I imagine lots of people are going to be applying for them.

Rural areas have lots of opportunities if you are up for that.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Here in AZ, it's "meh" depending on what you want to do. There are some hospital positions open (a couple at my hospital) but I heard Banner is cutting down their staff significantly...and they have a lot of hospitals in the Phx metro area. As a member of the Arizona Pharmacy Alliance, I get updates on available jobs. I have seen posts for about 20 jobs in the last couple months or so. But, with the c/o 2011 graduating, I imagine lots of people are going to be applying for them.

Rural areas have lots of opportunities if you are up for that.

I am currently in California and my hospital laid off 10 pharmacists in January ( I am one of them). I've been struggling to find job since but no luck. My friends told me to try Arizona and/or Nevada. I am in the process of taking the law exam part for both states. Does anyone know a hospital hiring pharmacists at these places? I'm willing to move...
 
I am currently in California and my hospital laid off 10 pharmacists in January ( I am one of them). I've been struggling to find job since but no luck. My friends told me to try Arizona and/or Nevada. I am in the process of taking the law exam part for both states. Does anyone know a hospital hiring pharmacists at these places? I'm willing to move...

wow they seriously laid you off? i know some hospitals that "fired" employees in work-at will states in an effort to not have to give unemployment to save the hospital money. at least you worked at a good place i assume. that guy RPH on the board lost his job from a BS termination.
 
wow they seriously laid you off? i know some hospitals that "fired" employees in work-at will states in an effort to not have to give unemployment to save the hospital money. at least you worked at a good place i assume. that guy RPH on the board lost his job from a BS termination.

They sent us letters in mail indicating termination of our employment. It was all over the newspaper in Jan. Here's the link if you are interested to read:
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/jan/12/alvarado-hospital-layoffs-target-one-quarter-staff/
 
If you can get me your CV and then apply online, I can pass it along to my director but we had a **** ton of applications from ALL over. No joke...people are banging on the door for a job and the couple that we hired recently know someone in the department. It's about who you know...