Job offer and residency from the same Company?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

gobears2901

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got a job offer for a pharmacy retail position earlier than the match. Since it's obvious the job market is tight - getting the position was wonderful and I accepted. Having said that, I am now considering to apply for some residency positions but one of the residency positions is within the same company that hired me. People have done this before as I have searched the threads, but the questions is different in this case - bc has anyone done it within the same company? Pharmacy is a small world it seems obvious to burning that bridge. It's looking like I shouldn't even play that risk. Anyone have any real thoughts? Really thought the program was awesome. Seems like I will continue to struggle with whether to risk it or not. If it were a different organization, it would be more straight.
 
Got a job offer for a pharmacy retail position earlier than the match. Since it's obvious the job market is tight - getting the position was wonderful and I accepted. Having said that, I am now considering to apply for some residency positions but one of the residency positions is within the same company that hired me. People have done this before as I have searched the threads, but the questions is different in this case - bc has anyone done it within the same company? Pharmacy is a small world it seems obvious to burning that bridge. It's looking like I shouldn't even play that risk. Anyone have any real thoughts? Really thought the program was awesome. Seems like I will continue to struggle with whether to risk it or not. If it were a different organization, it would be more straight.
I can't imagine them being upset if you did a residency with them instead of becoming a retail pharmacist. You will still be working for them for half the salary, and probably continue working for them thereafter.