job offer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nanabanana

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello
I have a quick question about the job offer.
So I recently got a job offer from one of the major retail pharmacies and they sent me a document to sign. In the contract, it says they will schedule me to start working on or around May of 2018. But, I want to take a break after graduation, and start in 2 - 3 months working as a graduate intern. Do you guys think that it would be acceptable to them? if so, how would you explain to them?
Any recommendations appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello
So I recently got a job offer from one of the major retail pharmacies and they sent me a document to sign. In the contract, it says they will schedule me to start working on or around May of 2018. But, I want to take a break after graduation, and start in 2 - 3 months working as a graduate intern. Do you guys think that it would be acceptable to them? if so, how would you explain to them?

They won't like to hear that. The chains want new grads to be licensed ASAP.

Reactions: 1 users
They’ll just hire someone else then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Not a job market where you can make those demands. If you want something like that just apply for jobs after your break and hope for the best.

Reactions: 1 users
Hello
I did this to CVS.
They'll put you into the system as a graduate intern, and then tell your "preceptor" to call you and schedule you.

I manipulated my preceptor and didn't work until a few weeks before licensure

If its at the location that you want, then I would just take the job. The other option would be to just apply again later, and take the time after graduation to pass the board exams first. As you wait for board results, apply back under grad intern.