Job opportunity for IN residents to fill gap year an still have time to complete

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pedsnerd

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Full-Time Caregiver With Medical Experience Needed For Son

We are seeking a loving, mature, experienced, responsible and reliable nanny for full-time care of our 3-year-old son. He has special needs, therefore seeking someone preferably with medical experience/training and/or nursing/physician career aspirations. We need someone who is passionate about working with young special needs children, who ideally has some experience and/or interest in learning how to provide g-tube feedings using an enteral pump, administering medications via tube, physical therapy, occupational/fine motor, and speech therapy for oral feeding training. Require non-smoker with own transportation, strong references, and willingness to follow the daily routine and guidelines we set to ensure the progress, safety and well-being of our son.

Responsibilities include safe transportation to/from weekly therapy and medical appointments. Need someone who is willing to do family laundry, dishes, errands and help with dinner preparation. Offering competitive salary based on hourly rate, with paid vacation days, general hours Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. with option to work additional hours on nights or weekends. Need at least one year commitment. Start date July 1, 2013.

Our previous two nannies have been pre-med students and their experience working for our family confirmed their career goals and gave them a comprehensive pediatrics education. I am a physician and love teaching our caregivers the skills and concepts they need in order to take the best care of my son!

I have been working for this family for soon to be 2 years. They are looking for someone to replace me as I will be starting medical school this fall. It is a great opportunity to gain pediatric experience, indirect shadowing experience, and get a few great references! There is plenty of downtime to fill out applications too! Please message me if you are interested or if you would like more information about the position!

Members don't see this ad.