job prospects in 10 years

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
nitecap said:
Those posts on the CRNA forum appears to display that we have worked beside you guys for so long now that we not only can do most of what you can clinically ,but are also just as paranoid, worried and uneasy about anyone else who is even a remote threat to take a peice of the pie.

No what it illustrates is that CRNAs are absolute hypocrites. They advocate expanding on MD turf, yet they bitch and moan when somebody wants a piece of THEIR action.

Members don't see this ad.

nitecap said:
Nah Im a awake man. Im a little bit of a debater and actually have fun speaking my mind here. As for anything else going on in my life, your right, its all about anesthesia right now. When you finally get in the OR and out of the class room and actually learn about anethesia, which residents tell me you get very little in school, you will be all about it as well. My SO is in CRNA school as well so there goes that escape. Really I enjoy reading JWK, and Mill and all those cats clinical post plus a few of them are pretty funny. Otherwise its pretty enjoyable to bring out the worst in so called professionals that know it all.

Yeah like you and think and all the other guys prob my age or a lil older. I chose the right profession man believe me. If you would would compare earnings from the day one entered CRNA vs. Med school it would take you almost 20 years to catch up so financially I made the correct decision to do what I need to do. I am a bada$$ LOL already and have a finea$$ woman so I dont need a title for those things as many MD's do. As for debate hey im all about it. Thinkslow comes off as so unprofessional its not even funny. People recognize this really, many have called him out. He fails to handle the pressure. Either he ignores and runs with tail b/t legs or answers weakly, so he cant win. I make him look the fool either way. As for the cut downs aint no thing. Being where I am from me and my boys grew up ripping each other apart clowning the hell out of each other so I can take it. Believe me I face my opponents not up and run like the coward we all know.

Listen these aurgments or whatever you want to call them though aggrevating so many elders are relevant and necessary to all of our professions. Sorry many of you guys cant take hearing things you dont want to hear. Cover your ears. You dont see me starting bashing threads about MD's here, but when you guys start like I said I cant help myself. Here on this public forum we are all equal and all can say whatever the hell we want as long as we follow the rules and not get really personal aka try to start crap with the person behind the screen name.

So tough lets live up to your name man. Count me in whenever you are bashing my profession and passing inaccurate info and jargon here for others to learn from. If you guys wanna go circle jerk in your private forum have fun but dont forget the KY. Other than this I am chill and will not start mess but when provoked you can expect a cowboy lick from me man. As for the critizism bring it.

I was sta r ti n g to re a d you r ram b l ...i........n :sleep: :sleep:

nitecap said:
Yeah like you and think and all the other guys prob my age or a lil older. I chose the right profession man believe me. If you would would compare earnings from the day one entered CRNA vs. Med school it would take you almost 20 years to catch up so financially I made the correct decision to do what I need to do. I am a bada$$ LOL already and have a finea$$ woman so I dont need a title for those things as many MD's do. As for debate hey im all about it.

Thinkslow comes off as so unprofessional its not even funny.

So tough lets live up to your name man. Count me in whenever you are bashing my profession and passing inaccurate info and jargon here for others to learn from. If you guys wanna go circle jerk in your private forum have fun but dont forget the KY. Other than this I am chill and will not start mess but when provoked you can expect a cowboy lick from me man. As for the critizism bring it.

nitecap,

Just a piece of advice. In this forum, nobody cares why you went to nursing school vs medical school and how in 20 years you how you will be better off financially. Nobody is aspiring to go to nursing school in here. So you should go into the nursing forum to talk about that. Some student nurse may find what you say fascinating.. Im not saying what you say about finances is not valid. its just not valid in here..

Members don't see this ad :)
Nurse Nitecap-

It's quite obvious that no one really cares about your little financial arrangement that you proposed about doctors vs CRNAs.

As stated numerous times on here, it's NOT all about the $$$. SEE the reality of the matter is this. On SDN you can hide behind your little screename,etc. In the REAL world, you're still a nurse wishing he had gotten into a med school. Dont worry man, maybe in another lifetime :laugh: 'til then I know one thing's for sure. You will be a nurse and WE will be doctors. I cant imagine ANY of us future doctors ever wanting to go to nursing school.

Check these sites out bro:
www.howtogetintomedschool.com

www.howtoapplytomedschool.com

oh and for your social life:
www.match.com

Either way, one this is for sure. You can't infiltrate us. Infact, your stupidity is uniting us in a way never done before. So keep it up! we see right through you.

Unfortunately, those who quote still show this drivel.

nitecap said:
If you would would compare earnings from the day one entered CRNA vs. Med school it would take you almost 20 years to catch up so financially I made the correct decision to do what I need to do.

If money is the most important thing in life to you then I guess you made the correct decision.

I am a bada$$ LOL already

The truly great never have any need (or desire) to tell anyone how great they are, their greatness is obvious. Those that feel a need/desire to speak of their self-proclaimed greatness are nothing more than sad little pretenders and/or delusional.

and have a finea$$ woman so I dont need a title for those things as many MD's do. ...

I thought "MD" meant more than this.
Oh, and incidently Googled "attractive women" and...
http://www.alovelinksplus.com/advice/attractive_women_love_jerks.htm

I make him look the fool either way. As for the cut downs aint no thing. Being where I am from me and my boys grew up ripping each other apart clowning the hell out of each other so I can take it. Believe me I face my opponents not up and run like the coward we all know.

"I am great, I am great..." More sad little pretender.

You claim to be here to "debate", but you know its like trying to convince the schizophrenic man that the face in the mirror is NOT calling him names and NOT trying to kill him (actually you probably DON"T know what this is like) but the point is you can't debate around someone's delusions. You, nitecap, delude yourself into self-perceived greatness and you, personally, continuously state how great your education is and how you are taking classes with the MD students etc. We really can't debate or discuss anything you because you are doing nothing more than shouting back at the mirror.

Can y'all not quote him from now on. Thanks, appreciate it.

Cheers, CN

nitecap said:
How others treat the CEO says nothing, they say. But how others treat the waiter is like a magical window into the soul.

So what does this say about YOU? Look at how you're bashing on us! You've made it clear that you think you're above Anesthesiology residents and you're going to make more money than us in the long run... etc., etc.

And don't use the pitiful excuse that somebody else started it, why don't YOU take the high road that you so eloquently illustrated in that loooong a$$ post.

You just clowned yourself dude. :laugh:

Jack Byrnes: Greg's in medicine too.
Bob Banks: What field?
Greg Focker: Nursing.
Bob Banks: Ha ha ha ha. No, really, what field are you in?
Greg Focker: Nursing.

djipopo said:
So what does this say about YOU? Look at how you're bashing on us! You've made it clear that you think you're above Anesthesiology residents and you're going to make more money than us in the long run... etc., etc.

And don't use the pitiful excuse that somebody else started it, why don't YOU take the high road that you so eloquently illustrated in that loooong a$$ post.

You just clowned yourself dude. :laugh:
Yo DjiPopo

I cant believe you actually READ his posts. Most of us on here just glance over it for the most part nowadays. Just waiting for a moderator to kick him out. :thumbup:

Leukocyte said:
The US is a free market economy, were markets providing "similar" comodities are supoposed to compete with each other, fairly, for consumers.

The ULTIMATE consumer in the "surgery market" is the patient....NOT the surgeon. So if the Anesthesiologists REALY want to block the CRNAs, THEY SHOULD TARGET THE PATIENTS DIRECLY, instead of convincing surgeons to use their services. They should do that the old-fashon way....educational TV/radio/highway flyer Ads payed for by the American Society of Anesthesiologists.

You see, if a patient demands that his anesthesia be administered by an Anesthesiologist, then the surgeon cannot do anything but comply...the patient always has the Ultimate say.

The thing is that you do not see the ASA puting on TV "info-mercials", nor are they actively competing with the CRNAs....WHY?

Well, from my humble experience with anesthesia, I noticed that the "anesthesia big dogs" actually desire and hire CRNAs!!!! Why? More Money for them!

As I stated before, the CHAIRMAN of the Anesthesiology depatement at my school (who is the CEO of the anesthesiology group that is contracted by the University hospital to provide anesthesia services there) .... He hires a butt load of CRNAs in his group.

So it seems that the "anesthesiology elders" really do not care about the threat from CRNAs. It is only the med. students and residents who are more concerned with the CRNA issue......maybe because they do not see the Millions that are going into the CEO-Anesthesiologists as a result of the capital saved from hiring CRNAs,..YET!

This is taken from the Surgery forum from a guy named Leukocyte.

He's got a point here, which we've been trying to make. I compare the cheap labor that CRNAs do with the current state of affairs that illegal immigrants present. Both illegals and CRNAs drive the fair market value of labor to go down. We all know that the CRNAs, just like the illegals do not JUST work in "poducnt' , they want to work in the major metropolitan cities too!

So what is the BEST way to prevent illegals from getting their way? Well, it would be to prosecute/fine those that hire them! It's only when the big business employers are fined, that they'll stop hiring these illegals, everything else is just 'talk'. In a similar manner, although we shouldnt prosecute those that hire CRNAs, i think leukocyte has a point as to how we med students/residents can try to solve this CRNA issue.

Food for thought :thumbup:

look I just want to show y'all that I'm just as good as as any resident or MDA.

In all truthfulness, I am gay and I love being around men. I love being so close to the tall, muscular residents and attendings in the OR. Oh God it makes me feel so feminine.

:love: :love:

I am such a slut! I fantasize about JPP, militaryMD and Noyac all ganging up on me. I would love to service them.

Nltecap said:

In all truthfulness, I am gay and I love being around men. I love being so close to the tall, muscular residents and attendings in the OR. Oh God it makes me feel so feminine.

1) I have no idea what a MDA is....if you mean Anesthesiologist, that's one thing

2) dont you guys love his above post? It's funny, the more you let this guy talk, the more we see his 'true colors'. :laugh:

Nltecap said:

I am such a slut! I fantasize about JPP, militaryMD and Noyac all ganging up on me. I would love to service them.

Good then the phrase "Eat a D_ck" bears more relavence for you. Now the nurse will educate the whole board as to the fact that it really wasn't him who posted this, because their is an i instead of an l in his name.

I just hope that this pathetic, masochistic clown will just shut the F_CK up already, I mean what is he really trying to do here but make himself feel special by drawing the ire of those that will be handing him a paycheck in the near future. One hint of advise, DO NOT bite the hand that feeds you, now or ever, asswipe.

This message was directed to the original nitecap, but even fake murses are pretty weak ;)

Nltecap said:

somebody medicate this guy........ maybe lithium and haldol.. he has got some issues..

miamidc said:
One hint of advise, DO NOT bite the hand that feeds you, now or ever, asswipe.
my brotha, u hit the shiat right on the head. when the threat gets real enough, when push comes to shove, MDs will exercise their God given right not to train these clowns...and they'll be left trying to survive and advance in the field of anesthesiology with their superior medical knowledge and incredible advancing research. i dont know where the field of anesthesiology would be without the powerful research put out by these CRNAs. older MDs might have sold out just to make a quick buck, but no more...oh the time shall come my brotha...the time shall come.

As is our usual policy, threads that degenerate to name-calling will be closed.

Additionally, some of the recent posts were clearly generated to create a hostile forums environment.

Lastly, this is a forum for physicians and medical students. Other medical professionals are welcome, but those who come here to stir-up trouble will be banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.