job prospects in Texas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Texas triangle is on the brink of overtaking the NYC metropolitan area as the economically dominant USA megaregion. 10 + years from now it'll have left it in the dust. This NYC elitism thing increasingly out of date and I say this as a new yorker.

Members don't see this ad.

Shhhh. Not so loud jdp207.

No, NYC is still the place to be! There are songs about it: "Start spreading the news, I'm leaving today, I want to be a part of it, New York New York!!!" Runner ups include the following:
California is the golden dream.
Portland is amazing.
Seattle is equally amazing.
Chicago is superb.
Denver is like heaven on earth.
These are all the places people need to move to who are cultured, educated, and epitomize the archetype of progressiveness. Only here will people find the missing piece in their life, the tranquility, and vibrations of harmony.

Shhhh. Not so loud jdp207.

No, NYC is still the place to be! There are songs about it: "Start spreading the news, I'm leaving today, I want to be a part of it, New York New York!!!" Runner ups include the following:
California is the golden dream.
Portland is amazing.
Seattle is equally amazing.
Chicago is superb.
Denver is like heaven on earth.
These are all the places people need to move to who are cultured, educated, and epitomize the archetype of progressiveness. Only here will people find the missing piece in their life, the tranquility, and vibrations of harmony.
Hey now. You left out Austin.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Friend in NYC in pp has considered moving to TX. This friend bills at $800/hr in NYC. Houston and Dallas market analysis would put this friend around $300/hr in pp. These are cash numbers pre-overhead assuming enough patients to fill your practice. Obviously numbers will vary from person to person.
$300/hour pre-overhead
with a overhead of 20% that would be $240/hour. Is this pre-tax money?

I think that was the point.
Oooh I didn't realize Austin was part of the Texas Triangle... I though he was just listing progressive US cities that young people enjoy. My bad.

PM me if you are interested in Houston. There are some good opportunities.