Job transfer to California or Taxas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

abeautifulday

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys,
I am in third year now and I am currently working for Walgreens. My goal is to move to either Houston, TX or somewhere in California (it doesn't need to near LA or SJ) Have anyone in the forum done that before how did you guys do that? I know it's good to ask DM, but I don't know how to start. Thanks in advance.
 
before you can work in those states, you must first register as an intern. completing registration would be the first thing to do. also, your district supervisor should be your first to go to for this.
 
Theres only two things in Texas. Steers and Football. So you better like one or the other. Then again your talking about Taxas not Texas.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys,
I am in third year now and I am currently working for Walgreens. My goal is to move to either Houston, TX or somewhere in California (it doesn't need to near LA or SJ) Have anyone in the forum done that before how did you guys do that? I know it's good to ask DM, but I don't know how to start. Thanks in advance.

Houston?

Enjoy living 26 miles from your home store and commuting for 3 & 1/2 hours in traffic just to get there
 
Why would anybody want to move to Houston? Perhaps it it the clean smell of cancer in the air or the proscept of achieving less than 5mph on your average commute. But maybe you just like to the strange mix of arrogance, entitlement and redneck it can provide you. Texas or Tejas (Taxas??) Is awesome in so many ways but Houston is not one of them. Neither is Austin..
 
you say that you want to move, I am assuming that you're going to move from out of state.. But who knows.. I think you start by getting a license in CA, obviously.. Depending on your school, some chains also come to your school for interview to recruit for harder to fill areas like central CA (fresno/bakersfield/etc) you can inquire at the interview day...
 
Why would anybody want to move to Houston? Perhaps it it the clean smell of cancer in the air or the proscept of achieving less than 5mph on your average commute. But maybe you just like to the strange mix of arrogance, entitlement and redneck it can provide you. Texas or Tejas (Taxas??) Is awesome in so many ways but Houston is not one of them. Neither is Austin..
Really? I think Austin is amazing. It's the best part of Texas, hands down!
 
Really? I think Austin is amazing. It's the best part of Texas, hands down!
Well Austin is like a piece of California stuck in the middle of Texas. Nothing special just a bunch if self adoring hipsters who think they are unique by copying every other hipster. Over priced apartments. Perhaps if your 20 something and single it might attract you. I spent 10 years in the area it's nothing special. The surrounding lakes and state parks are cool but mostly too overpopulated to enjoy now.
 
Why would anybody want to move to Houston? Perhaps it it the clean smell of cancer in the air or the proscept of achieving less than 5mph on your average commute. But maybe you just like to the strange mix of arrogance, entitlement and redneck it can provide you. Texas or Tejas (Taxas??) Is awesome in so many ways but Houston is not one of them. Neither is Austin..
Don't get me started on the segregated (whoops, you're supposed to say gentrified), dumpster fire yuppie wanna be hipster apocalypse that is Austin.

Do you like paying $570,000 for 500 square foot shacks built in the 60s?
Do you like not being able to enjoy because the table next to you is loudly discussing diversity, then changing the subject to the great condos they're renting on the east side?
Do you like nonsensical traffic jams?
Do you like an actual perpetual crowd of overdosed homeless people on 7th and Neches?

Do you like seeing literally every historically significant structure destroyed to make room for more hotels and yoga studios?

If so, Austin is for you!