Job!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
P

pharmacygirl

hey... i am trying so hard to find a pharmacy experience but mostly all pharmacy clerk or tech jobs require a liscense or some sort of previous experience, both of which i don't have. How are undergraduates with no history of work experience suppose to get a job? any suggestions on how to snag a pharmacy internship or at least a job?

thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I suggest asking friends that have worked at a pharmacy to recommend you and hook u up with a pharmacy related job.

Yeah, get the hookup...maybe you can land a clerk position.

In order to get licensed as a tech in California, I believe that if you don't have at least an Associate's degree, the only other options you have are to gain 1500 hours experience as a clerk, or pass a technician training program (some of your local community colleges probably have them).

Members don't see this ad :)
:clap: :clap: :clap: Welcome to this Forum :clap: :clap: :clap:

Just canvas a bunch of walgreens and tell them that you are interested in pharmacy and would like to work as a pharm cashier, clerk, or typist. You don't need a tech cert. for any of those jobs.
Be persistent and drive around to different places.

If this is not your last year of doing undergrad work and want to "wow" the admission board of the schools you plan to apply to, the School of Pharmacy at UCSF offers a program during the summer for undergrads to do a 10 week research training program. Although it's more geared towards PhD's, UCSF also encourages those who are thinking of pursuing a dual PharmD/PhD to apply. If anything else, the training experience will show to the admission boards the depth of your interest for pharmacy and how you are open-minded enough to explore every avenues the profession has to offer, be it in a retail, clinical, research-oriented, or administrative setting. Here is the website if you are interested in learning more about the program:

http://pharmacy.ucsf.edu/pharmd/outreach/summerresearch/

Good luck! Just curious...what year of undergrad are you in?