Jobs for P1?

Started by nuduocsi
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

nuduocsi

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi there,

I've just recently got accepted to a out-of-state pharmacy school. That means, I will start out everything in a new place, like looking for new jobs, moving, etc.

I am holding a pharmacy tech license, have experiences in the position. I don't know if I could apply for jobs as a pharm tech or as a P1 student? What is the difference when it comes to jobs?

And do you know what places that they usually hire P1 students (hospital, clinic, lab, retail, etc.)?

Thank you very much.
 
Hi there,

I've just recently got accepted to a out-of-state pharmacy school. That means, I will start out everything in a new place, like looking for new jobs, moving, etc.

I am holding a pharmacy tech license, have experiences in the position. I don't know if I could apply for jobs as a pharm tech or as a P1 student? What is the difference when it comes to jobs?

And do you know what places that they usually hire P1 students (hospital, clinic, lab, retail, etc.)?

Thank you very much.

Do you mean pharm. interns? In some states you don't get your intern license until your 2nd yr or the end of your 1st yr while in other states you can get your intern license at the start of P1. So, I guess it depends on the state you're in and when you are eligible to obtain your intern license.

My tech license expires in 03/12 but I won't be renewing it since I'll be getting my intern license in October/November (this is in CA).