Jobs for pharmacists interested in art?

Started by PharmtoCS
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PharmtoCS

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

I just started my third year of pharmacy school, and right now, I am really at a loss of what I want to do after I graduate. I did an IPPE in retail which I hated, and I just did one in hospital but I don't think it's for me because it is so boring. I am very interested in art though, so I would appreciate any feedback on how I can use my PharmD to fulfill my passion for art. I'm thinking along the lines of designing posters for APhA, pharmacy schools etc. though I'm open to anything.

Thanks!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,
I just started my third year of pharmacy school, and right now, I am really at a loss of what I want to do after I graduate. I did an IPPE in retail which I hated, and I just did one in hospital but I don't think it's for me because it is so boring. I am very interested in art though, so I would appreciate any feedback on how I can use my PharmD to fulfill my passion for art. I'm thinking along the lines of designing posters for APhA, pharmacy schools etc. though I'm open to anything.
Thanks!
... Aren't you one of the doomsayers?

I double checked the date on this post like 4 times.

This thread is super confusing
 
... Aren't you one of the doomsayers?

I double checked the date on this post like 4 times.

This thread is super confusing

Agreed, it's not too late to drop out. OP, you're one of the most pessimistic of us, and it's really not worth it to stick this out. All this time, I thought the OP was some jaded pharmacist lamenting a bad career choice. You should follow your own advice.
 
This post was inspired by the Reddit thread on HVAC pharmacists if you guys caught my sarcasm and know what I am talking about.

Meanwhile...I heard that APhA is offering PGY1s in graphic design? Has anyone heard of this?

Sent from my SM-N910V using SDN mobile
 
Last edited:
Computer science, engineering, erotic illustrator, or accounting all pay similarly to pharmacy and don't require 4 additional years of school or 200k in student loans.

But I want to do something with my PharmD!!! I already spent 2 years in school and $100k. Will the PharmD help me with being an erotic illustrator???
 
But I want to do something with my PharmD!!! I already spent 2 years in school and $100k. Will the PharmD help me with being an erotic illustrator???

Of course, you can buy all the fancy schmancy erotic illustrating toys with that drug money
 
Hi all,

I just started my third year of pharmacy school, and right now, I am really at a loss of what I want to do after I graduate. I did an IPPE in retail which I hated, and I just did one in hospital but I don't think it's for me because it is so boring. I am very interested in art though, so I would appreciate any feedback on how I can use my PharmD to fulfill my passion for art. I'm thinking along the lines of designing posters for APhA, pharmacy schools etc. though I'm open to anything.

Thanks!
I know several pharmacist who have side gigs. You could work part time and run a art business. When your art business takes off, quit pharmacy. One of the pharmacist I know has quite the successful soap business.