jobs in clinical research...

2DEG

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all:
I am a pre-med (applying next year). But my wife is about to start a masters program in clinical research. Does anyone have any idea what kind of jobs out there and will she be able to get a job after she finishes or even before she finishes her degree? She is a International Medical Graduate but she doesn't wanna go through USMLE/Residency stuff. Thats why she decided to do a masters in clinical research.

Any input would be great.

Thanks,
shahab

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Shahab:
With a clinical research background, your wife can work at pharmaceutical companies. In fact, she probably does not need a masters in clinical research if she has research experience and a medical background. Alternatively, she can work in an academic setting doing research or teaching. Hope this helps.

shahab said:
Hi all:
I am a pre-med (applying next year). But my wife is about to start a masters program in clinical research. Does anyone have any idea what kind of jobs out there and will she be able to get a job after she finishes or even before she finishes her degree? She is a International Medical Graduate but she doesn't wanna go through USMLE/Residency stuff. Thats why she decided to do a masters in clinical research.

Any input would be great.

Thanks,
shahab

Definately pharmaceutical companies, as well as companies that consult with them. Your wife could work as a general medical monitor, or in a safety division, or in a regulatory division, or in business development, or in medical writing, or as a clinical research assoiciate, etc. Not being board certified could be somewhat limiting, but having the MD will also open lots of doors in terms of getting supervisory (and thus higher-paying) positions.

Thanks all for all the replies. It was definitely helpful. My wife graduated from a medical school then she moved to the U.S. So, she really doesn't have any clinical or non-clinical experience. Thats why we thought this Masters program would be benefitial for her.

And for us, the goal is not to make high salary (although that never hurts). She just wants to work in a nice work environment. This would be extremely helpful if I get into medical school. I don't have to think about selling my kidney :)

Thanks again and have a great holidays. Merry Christmas.
Shahab

sidewalkman said:
Definately pharmaceutical companies, as well as companies that consult with them. Your wife could work as a general medical monitor, or in a safety division, or in a regulatory division, or in business development, or in medical writing, or as a clinical research assoiciate, etc. Not being board certified could be somewhat limiting, but having the MD will also open lots of doors in terms of getting supervisory (and thus higher-paying) positions.