Jobs in Rural setting

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Joe Richards

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

I've been offered a couple of rural positions but I've worked in a major metro. area for the most part (except for some urgent care moonlighting).

These questions is for those who currently work in rural medicine or have a good knowledge of it.

What differences can I expect in a rural setting?
Will I see more patients per day?
Will the cases I see be far more complicated or similar to the usual FP cases? (I don't like doing ICU and the jobs I've been offered are outpatient)

In general what can I expect n rural medicine?

I appreciate any information I can get. I'm just doing my research.