Jobs in the Caribbean

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Jubal Early

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am thinking of appying to one of the big four schools, but I have a question. Both myself and my sig other have PharmD degrees, and she at least would really want to work while I am in school. I know that getting a license to work in most caribbean countries is next to impossible.

Does anyone know where it would be easier for a US citizen with a pharmD to find work in one of these countries? Or who I could talk to that would know what the process is? (guessing I might have to write to some government agency in each country in question)

Thanks for any insight.
 
like you said it's probably next to impossible for your sig other to work as a pharmacyst or anything else really while you're in the carib studying to be an md. I know a lot of sig others down in grenada have given up looking for jobs because all jobs go to the natives. especially university jobs. your best bet is to call or mail the governements of the islands where you want to go to school. She'll need to get a license before even looking for a job to work in that country which might take a long time and will probably have substantial fee's with it. Then once you get a license you'll have the problem looking for a job. If she wants to work the best thing to do is for her to stay in the USA and work while you're in school.
 
Yea, that is what I have been hearing from a lot of people. Don't think I can handle tuition + opportunity cost (living apart is not an option). I think I will send an email to the government of SGU and see what they say. I will post the response for others benefit. I'll also post on Valueforums just in case.

Thanks for he people that looked into it.

Jubal