John McGreal

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Ryan_eyeball

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've had the pleasure to have John McGreal as a teacher for Ocular Pharmacology, and CLinical medicine as Umsl. He is by far the best clinician I have heard speak on various topics, and doesn't bulls**t you about stuff you don't need. He presents a real life application of Optometry to students and every semester I hear the same things about him. I know he speaks around the country at various conferences and if you ever have the opportunity to listen to him, he's really good. He also covers such things as insurance billings and Medicare. I've had three hour lectures with this guy, and I've never heard a student say, "I wish this class was over already." He really keeps you interested the whole time.

I'm sure others on here have heard influential lectures before at conferences, is there one that stood out to you....please share.

Remember attend a lecture by Dr. McGreal if you ever get a chance. We always nicknamed him Johnny Mac 🙂
 
Ryan_eyeball said:
I've had the pleasure to have John McGreal as a teacher for Ocular Pharmacology, and CLinical medicine as Umsl. He is by far the best clinician I have heard speak on various topics, and doesn't bulls**t you about stuff you don't need. He presents a real life application of Optometry to students and every semester I hear the same things about him. I know he speaks around the country at various conferences and if you ever have the opportunity to listen to him, he's really good. He also covers such things as insurance billings and Medicare. I've had three hour lectures with this guy, and I've never heard a student say, "I wish this class was over already." He really keeps you interested the whole time.

I'm sure others on here have heard influential lectures before at conferences, is there one that stood out to you....please share.

Remember attend a lecture by Dr. McGreal if you ever get a chance. We always nicknamed him Johnny Mac 🙂

I agree 1000000% with this post. He's an awesome teacher. I wish he was teaching at PCO where I'll be going. I currently shadow him at his office and have had the pleasure of auditing one of his ocular pharm class. in the future if you HAVE to sit through lectures for CE credits, his lectures will be worth all the $$$. They are packed with useful information, especially his "Medicare Guidelines". Not only is he a coding guru, he's like a walking encyclopedia. He once gave me a 10 minute crash course on treating the viracella virus (virus that causes herpes,chickenpox, & shingles). For those of us who are newbies starting school, did you know that optometrists do deal with and treat the herpes virus? Hehehehh....FYI...treating herpes is a question on the board exam (so pay attention to the viral lecture in school).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
cpw said:
treating herpes is a question on EVERY board exam... especially since it presents in so many different ways.

why not list the "herpes" question you remember for those with that angiush of boards