John Oliver, compounding pharmacies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

El Trombopag

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

I thought I was pretty familiar with most of this, but the NECC interview video made my jaw drop.

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
This showed up on my recommended this morning and when I watched it...Yikes.

Reactions: 1 user
12:45 to 13:30

That is biased af. 1% of pharmacies are registered because most of them are mom and pop shops who aren't doing sterile compounds that require hoods and clean rooms. Downing Labs refused to recall their drugs because none of the drugs they shipped out were contaminated and they followed state law. So how can you criticize compounding pharmacies for not accepting additional regulations when they're following existing regulations?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, there are plenty parts full of BS/context taken out (recall issue seems waay more complex than a simple no) and egregious singled out incidences not truly representing compounding as a whole (fridge with food and chemo drugs). Good for some laughs though

Well, that's 17 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

I like John Oliver's satirical sketches and that hasn't changed. His team did a great job of pointing out the obvious violators and scams that may be associated with the business and the celebrity montage was a-maz-ing. An average viewer may now be skeptical of compounding pharmacies, but a few bad apples shouldn't ruin the bushel. The compounding pharmacies I've dealt with have all been professional and (seemingly) legit.

Have a good laugh and don't take it too seriously.

Reactions: 3 users