Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am interested to hear about the value of an MS in Biotechnology in allopathic medical schools admissions.
After a successful three and half year career in the pharmaceutical industry (three publications, promotion from clinical research to sales/marketing)--I began an M.S. degree in Biotechnology at Johns Hopkins. Now, mid-way through my MS--I am very interested to know to what degree admissions folks will focus on my successful work in courses such as (Biochem, Cell biology, molecular biology, pharmacology, infectious diseases etc) vs my undergraduate work in biology which was completed at a large state school in '01 w/ a B average.
Interviewing should prove to be a strength for me, as well as my application story...With solid MCAT scores (34+) above a 3.5 in this graduate program, and clinical volunteer experience on the side--what caliber of medical schools do I become competitive for? mid-range? top schools even?
Surprisingly, I've not yet met anyone on this similar path...Look forward to hearing from y'all!
After a successful three and half year career in the pharmaceutical industry (three publications, promotion from clinical research to sales/marketing)--I began an M.S. degree in Biotechnology at Johns Hopkins. Now, mid-way through my MS--I am very interested to know to what degree admissions folks will focus on my successful work in courses such as (Biochem, Cell biology, molecular biology, pharmacology, infectious diseases etc) vs my undergraduate work in biology which was completed at a large state school in '01 w/ a B average.
Interviewing should prove to be a strength for me, as well as my application story...With solid MCAT scores (34+) above a 3.5 in this graduate program, and clinical volunteer experience on the side--what caliber of medical schools do I become competitive for? mid-range? top schools even?
Surprisingly, I've not yet met anyone on this similar path...Look forward to hearing from y'all!