Johns Hopkins Masters in Biotechnology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

htcsnail

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anybody tried this program? It looks like the courses are tough science courses. You can also have the option of completing it fully online. Does this help enhance your med application? (this assumes that your undergrad BCPM is not too bad, say >3.4). If anybody tried this program, please share your experiences. Looks like there is not much thread out there.

Members don't see this ad.

Has anybody tried this program? It looks like the courses are tough science courses. You can also have the option of completing it fully online. Does this help enhance your med application? (this assumes that your undergrad BCPM is not too bad, say >3.4). If anybody tried this program, please share your experiences. Looks like there is not much thread out there.

Or University of Maryland Masters in Chemical and Life Science/ St. Joseph's College Masters in Bio/ Illinois Institute of Tech Masters in Biology or Biochemistry / or University of South Florida's Masters in Health Science / Lehigh Masters in Molecular Biology or Chemistry? These are all online master degrees..Anyone who tried any of these programs before going to medical school? I would like to hear only from those who were or currently in these programs. Thanks!

At the risk of not having actually been in one of these programs, I will take the chance to offer a reply :) I did the Biotech Masters at UPenn. It wasn't online. I guess there are a couple things I would say. Only complete a biotech masters (or similar) if you might actually use it in the future. If you are dead set on med school, its probably not such a good idea because its really expensive, which sucks, and also, med schools don't take much notice of graduate program GPAs when considering an applicant - undergrad and postbacc GPA are much more important.

In other words, per dollar spent, this is not a good way to improve yourself as a med school applicant (although its a good way to improve yourself as a biotech industry worker obviously). If I could do it all again though, I'd probably spend my money on a SMP instead, since I AM actually decided on going to med school. Just my two cents.