This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asclepiusdevotee

Reaction score
I was recently confirmed for an interview at Johns Hopkins for the postbac premed program. (I've also applied to Columbia but haven't heard back yet. In any case, JH is my first choice.)
I'm wondering about any information out there with respect to the interview itself. Like, questions that are asked, characteristics they want to see showcased, questions they want the interviewee to ask, etc.. Also, and to a lesser extent, how did you go about preparing for the interview?
If it helps, here's some background. I've been out of my undergraduate program (which is quite distinctive and has sent students to JH PBPM before) for about a year. I graduated with a nearly perfect GPA at the top of my class and with more campus leadership experience than the average bear. Verbal/Essay GRE is great, Quantitative just north of average. Some clinical experience (mostly shadowing), but not quite enough to make me feel secure. Work since graduation has been in academic/public philosophy, focusing on neuroscience and the philosophy of science/nature. Other experience in political theory/healthcare policymaking, education, and outdoor medicine (wilderness first responder, expedition leader). I also studied anatomy for a summer at JH while an undergraduate.
Any information is much appreciated. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I am confused about why you are applying to this program with your stats. Why don't you just apply to medical schools? This program certainly isn't free and is fairly expensive.

Reactions: 1 users
Skip the post bacc and gain more clinical experience

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I am confused about why you are applying to this program with your stats. Why don't you just apply to medical schools? This program certainly isn't free and is fairly expensive.

Can't say for sure in this case, but it could be that OP did not do the prereqs in undergrad.

Reactions: 1 user
Can't say for sure in this case, but it could be that OP did not do the prereqs in undergrad.
As a former post bac at JHU, I would agree that the program is largely for people who haven't taken prereqs in undergrad. Also, OP has not mentioned taking the MCAT. So, I'd assume he hasn't taken the MCAT either. JHU PBPM program offers free MCAT prep course.

As a former post bac at JHU, I would agree that the program is largely for people who haven't taken prereqs in undergrad. Also, OP has not mentioned taking the MCAT. So, I'd assume he hasn't taken the MCAT either. JHU PBPM program offers free MCAT prep course.
Free or included in tuition? ;)

Reactions: 1 user