Johns Hopkins MHS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ratiolab

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone going to the Hopkins one year master of health science program?
I am trying to figure out if I should go here or accept another research position. I've been waitlisted at one med school and want to somehow make my application better.

Does anyone think this program would be as helpful as an SMP (like at Georgetown or BU)?

Members don't see this ad.

ratiolab said:
I am trying to figure out if I should go here or accept another research position. I've been waitlisted at one med school and want to somehow make my application better.

Does anyone think this program would be as helpful as an SMP (like at Georgetown or BU)?

Hi there,
I am not sure which program you are referring to. Are you talking about the JH post-bacc program or are you speaking of something under the School of Public Heath?

njbmd :confused:

its at the school of public health - its a masters of health science in reprod. & cancer bio. its a one year program - and you get a masters - its not a post-bac.

Members don't see this ad :)
Here's an old SDN thread that has a lot of info. on the program w/ a bunch of people who've participated in it. I'd contact them through pm or email because they seemed very helpful. Otherwise, you could always contact Dr. Zirkin who's head of the program. He's really cool and will provide answers to your questions. Hope this helps! :)

Link: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=275562

I did the program last year and absolutely loved it. It was expensive but for me it was definetly worth it. It also really helped me as far as getting into schools, i think. Although it would be more helpful if you did it and then applied. Hope this helps...

ratiolab said:

I would HIGLY recommend doing this program. The school and professors are outstanding. you definitely gain a lot in terms of academics. i think the program has definitely strengthen my biology background and better prepared me for the mcats. good luck!!!