Johns Hopkins Pharmacy Internship-- 2011

Started by schleima
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

schleima

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone here applied?

Anyone heard anything back from Irish McClung?

Phone interviews are scheduled to begin next week!
 
Good luck! I applied last year. It's a very competitive internship. No one from my class got in last year.
 
Has anyone here applied?

Anyone heard anything back from Irish McClung?

Phone interviews are scheduled to begin next week!

I got a phone interview!!

Can anyone past applicants share their experiences about what the phone interview was like?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got a phone interview!!

Can anyone past applicants share their experiences about what the phone interview was like?

They ask about challenges you have had and research/projects you've done. The projects are a very important part of the interview.
 
They ask about challenges you have had and research/projects you've done. The projects are a very important part of the interview.

Thanks bacillus, I saw your prior post which is the most helpful advice I could find on SDN. I'm looking for other experiences to hopefully round out my preparation for the interview.
 
Has anyone here applied?

Anyone heard anything back from Irish McClung?

Phone interviews are scheduled to begin next week!

Congrats !!!!!! I applied also to the program and am waiting to hear if i recieved an interview... how exactly did they inform you about the interview... did they provide you with when and what time you will conduct the interview? I talked to Irish McClung and she stated that decisions on who gets an interview will be given out today.
 
Just got a phone interview request today! I was wondering if anyone had any more insight as to how else to prepare for this? Hopefully you guys have some helpful info!
 
Congrats !!!!!! I applied also to the program and am waiting to hear if i recieved an interview... how exactly did they inform you about the interview... did they provide you with when and what time you will conduct the interview? I talked to Irish McClung and she stated that decisions on who gets an interview will be given out today.

Invitation came by email with a selection of 3 different interview dates, and a list of the JH pharmacy sites, along with brief descriptions of each site.

You give your first and second choices for interview dates, and then Irish confirms the date with you by email.
 
Hello everyone!

Has anyone applied for the Hopkins internship for summer 2012? Do you know what the applicant pool looks like?
 
I am also curious. I have heard it is very competitive and it looks like most of the applicants in the past have come from U of Maryland (probably from connections-->IPPE/APPE/etc).

Also I thought you all had posted to say people had already gotten interview invites and was going to cry.
 
I applied in October. Ms. Irish McClung said that phone interview invites will be sent in December sometime! Good Luck everyone!!
 
I applied in October. Ms. Irish McClung said that phone interview invites will be sent in December sometime! Good Luck everyone!!

Good luck to you too 🙂

Does anyone who applied in the past know if interviews are early mid or late december? Just curious when I should give up on waiting and go cry in the closet.
 
Last edited:
Good luck to you too 🙂

Does anyone who applied in the past know if interviews are early mid or late december? Just curious when I should give up on waiting and go cry in the closet.

Judging by the posts from the previous year the requests will be sent out around January 11-13th.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The website says phone interview start Jan. 4th so it should be anytime!! Oh well..I feel like I am applying to Pharmacy School again! hehe.

Anyways, happy holidays!
 
The website says phone interview start Jan. 4th so it should be anytime!! Oh well..I feel like I am applying to Pharmacy School again! hehe.

Anyways, happy holidays!

I spoke with Irish and she said late next week they will be notifying applicants.

I'm probably going to have a depressing new year haha.
 
Notifying them about interviews or acceptances? I ask this because I have a friend who was already interviewed last week.

Makes me nervous now...
 
Yes, that is what the website says. Has anyone been notified about interview invites yet?
My friend's interview was done last week.
 
Yes, that is what the website says. Has anyone been notified about interview invites yet?
My friend's interview was done last week.

ugh that whole program looks to be based on connections anyway. there is no way that all of the most eligible applicants come mostly from U Maryland.
 
I applied as well and was told that we would hear something in December. Hopefully we hear something soon!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have an interview scheduled the first week of Jan....could someone who has done the internship PM me....I would love to learn more about it. Thanks!
 
I just received an email to set up an interview! I would appreciate any information any past participants might be able to provide as well.