You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Johns Hopkins Pharmacy Summer Internship --2014
Started by Pharm201777
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
So what might this program entail. I am curious
Last edited:
How did interviews go for everyone?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You people want to waste your summers doing this ****? Pharmacy school is tough as it is, don't make your lives miserable with these "prestigious" internships.
I've begun to compulsively check my e-mail haha. Fingers crossed too!
I've begun to compulsively check my e-mail haha. Fingers crossed too!
I have been checking as well!! It would be awesome if we all go through the internship together! =)
New here. Just wanted to join the forum. I had an interview in January, and was told I would hear something in mid-February. I wanted to say hello and good luck to you all! And if given the opportunity, would LOVE to "waste" my time for 2 months at a prestigious pharmacy. Last summer was wasted on TV shows and the fixing my transmission (quite proud of that, actually). I WANT JH ON MY CV!
New here. Just wanted to join the forum. I had an interview in January, and was told I would hear something in mid-February. I wanted to say hello and good luck to you all! And if given the opportunity, would LOVE to "waste" my time for 2 months at a prestigious pharmacy. Last summer was wasted on TV shows and the fixing my transmission (quite proud of that, actually). I WANT JH ON MY CV!
Best of luck to you as well. I can't wait until we hear something, so I can finally stop checking my e-mail like a maniac haha!
I feel like we're gonna find out today!
I hope so! Would be great to find out.I feel like we're gonna find out today!
I hope so! Would be great to find out.
Agreed!
^Agreed. If it's rejection, it's rejection, I'd just like to know so I can start planning my summer. 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I feel like we're gonna find out today!
Looks like today was not the day. 🙁
My two cents are that it's better to get a job at a hospital you can work at throughout the school year, get trained in all areas of the hospital, and build solid long term references. That will get you further than a few months somewhere, even Hopkins.
I hope all of us find out by the end of this week! Let's stay positive!! =D
Looks like today was not the day. 🙁
My two cents are that it's better to get a job at a hospital you can work at throughout the school year, get trained in all areas of the hospital, and build solid long term references. That will get you further than a few months somewhere, even Hopkins.
Thanks for the advice. In my case, I already have one and my current employer has encouraged me to apply for this internship. Said it would be a good opportunity to see how another facility runs and maybe I could bring back certain things learned there to the management department at our hospital. I'm sure everyone has there own reasons for applying to internships though....residency programs, fellowships, etc. I agree with you though, networking where you want to practice is key!
That's a solid idea and I definitely would recommend that to any pharmacy student. My enthusiasm comes from already working in hospital pharmacy for 7 years, and having those local connections/references. I have also worked retail, mail order, and compounding with IV, chemo, etc. My goal is to add-on to my experience with a well-known institution. I need to be the best I can be and the most well-rounded if I am going to appeal to employers once I graduate, or go into residency. For those who do not have experience, keep trying to get into the local clinical sites. Network through your faculty and other students, anything to get experience.My two cents are that it's better to get a job at a hospital you can work at throughout the school year, get trained in all areas of the hospital, and build solid long term references. That will get you further than a few months somewhere, even Hopkins.
My two cents are that it's better to get a job at a hospital you can work at throughout the school year, get trained in all areas of the hospital, and build solid long term references. That will get you further than a few months somewhere, even Hopkins.
And I absolutely agree. But many of us already have that connection; I've been working at my hospital since before pharm school. It's nice to branch out and learn new things too. 🙂
Hey guys! I also interviewed last month and am awaiting a response. I'll let you know if I hear anything 🙂 I'm also hoping it'll be this week!
^ Me! 😀 Congrats!!!
I'm still in shock...thinking they called the wrong person and there's no way it could be me...
I'm still in shock...thinking they called the wrong person and there's no way it could be me...
Congrats!! What area did you all get offered?
I got the call too! Congrats everyone!
Congratulations everyone!! That's awesome! =) Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone else! =D
Hopefully!!I'm assuming they don't let everyone know at once? My friend hasn't heard anything back yet and was kind of worried..
I also got my offer yesterday!Got the call 45 minutes ago! Let me know who's coming with me?!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was offered the Outpatient Oncology department in the Weinberg Clinic.I was just wondering what areas were offered to you guys.
How much do they pay/hour?
How much do they pay/hour?
$15/hour for P2. $14/hour for P1, I believe?
Has anyone else heard back?
My friend is still waiting to hear back.. I wonder why :/
It could possibly be that they were waiting for confirmation from those who received the calls this week, just in case some of them can't do it? Hopefully she hears soon.
Inpatient oncology. Should be interesting!
I know that if you look at last years forum, some sites were waiting to be approved after others got their phone call. Im hoping thats the case because I still havent heard anything :/My friend is still waiting to hear back.. I wonder why :/
I also have just been accepted earlier this week - was wondering if you guys knew anything about when we might expect to get a e-mail with the rest of our information - or if any of you guys had any information on where the interns usually end up looking into for housing? I was too excited to really ask any of that when I talked to her on the phone
I also have just been accepted earlier this week - was wondering if you guys knew anything about when we might expect to get a e-mail with the rest of our information - or if any of you guys had any information on where the interns usually end up looking into for housing? I was too excited to really ask any of that when I talked to her on the phone
A graduate of my pharm school is currently a resident at Hopkins and when I spoke to her yesterday, she said we should be receiving an informational packet that includes housing information sometime this upcoming week!
Last edited:
I know that if you look at last years forum, some sites were waiting to be approved after others got their phone call. Im hoping thats the case because I still havent heard anything :/[/quote
I have not received a phone call or an e-mail yet. Hopefully we get some information on the status sometime this upcoming week! =)
I also have just been accepted earlier this week - was wondering if you guys knew anything about when we might expect to get a e-mail with the rest of our information - or if any of you guys had any information on where the interns usually end up looking into for housing? I was too excited to really ask any of that when I talked to her on the phone
Many interns end up living in apartments that are either close to one of the Hopkins bus stops, or a metro station (there is a metro stop right in the hospital). Parking can be really expensive. I believe there might also be some rentals available from current employees.
And I was offered adult inpatient 🙂
Has everyone heard back with their status? I wanted to talk to the director for arranging my summer IPPE. Thanks everyone! =)
Thanks! Yeah, we will just have to wait, hopefully we hear within the next week or so. I am also wondering if they will only be calling the people they are accepting. Hopefully we hear from them soon.I'll give it another week, then maybe call her and ask? I also wonder if they are only calling the people who they are accepting.
But I'm also in the same boat as you are. Have not heard anything back yet.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got the call last week as well! 🙂
what position did you get offered?
Also, I'm confused. I specifically remember them saying on the phone that "everyone would know" by the middle of feb.
Hopkins is not like other places. Assuming the program is not bs and you are not yourself full of bs, then Hopkins > random hospital
Caveat that I am not here to sneer and preen effeminately that you're not in the in crowd. Rather, JHU's reputation is less sketchy self promoted than the Ivies and it is indeed a heavyweight in healthcare
Caveat that I am not here to sneer and preen effeminately that you're not in the in crowd. Rather, JHU's reputation is less sketchy self promoted than the Ivies and it is indeed a heavyweight in healthcare
Hey guys! Did anyone get the call after the week of the 17th last year? Does anyone know if sites take longer to get approved? Some of us who applied for this year's were curious!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 3K