Join GPR/AEGD after working?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

star5569

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone worked for a few months/year then decided to go back to complete a GPR/AEGD? If so can you please share your experience? Did you find it to be a waste of time? Also does anyone know if there are any current open positions for GPR/AEGD that would available or any positions starting in Jan 2023?

Members don't see this ad.

I graduated a few year ago and worked as a GP, and I decided to return to pursue AEGD/GPR prior to applying to an endodontic residency. How many years of work experience do you have? In my opinion, doing an AEGD/GPR is equivalent of 3-5 years of working outside. During the residency, I've learned a few things in very structured academic settings, such as crown lengthening, nonsurgical root canal retreatment, and implant surgery. But if it wasn't for the endodondic residency, I wouldn't do it because of the financial sacrifice/moving/etc. You could just take the CEs that interest you instead.

Also does anyone know if there are any current open positions for GPR/AEGD that would available or any positions starting in Jan 2023?

Most programs start on 7/1 and follow the AEDA Pass application timeline. I am not sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user