Join the Private Forum

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BLADEMDA

Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Those of you who are eligible need to join the private forum. I will be posting the truth about the war with the AANA and our own members ONLY in that forum. There is nothing like fact to trump fiction everytime.

BladeMDA

Members don't see this ad.

how do u determine eligibility

I will be posting the truth about the war with the AANA and our own members ONLY in that forum.

Sorry, but alluding to truths that only you know and referring to our dispute with the AANA as a "war", all in the context of a super-double-secret club is, like, totally, like, soooOOOooo 4th grade.

11 posts and an April 2007 join isn't exactly compelling, either.

Lemme know when you guys get around to raising money for the ad campaign.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry, but alluding to truths that only you know and referring to our dispute with the AANA as a "war", all in the context of a super-double-secret club is, like, totally, like, soooOOOooo 4th grade.

The facts are posted in the private forum. The war requires a forum not open to trolls. Join and find out the truth.

BladeMDA- fighting for the survival of the specialty

When one of your employee CRNA's takes a lucrative contract from your Group it won't seem like 4th grade anymore.

When one of your employee CRNA's takes a lucrative contract from your Group it won't seem like 4th grade anymore.

Relax, I'm just mocking the pretentious self-important tone of your posts. Dude, I think you need a cape and decoder ring to go with that "fighting for the survival of the specialty" tag line. :rolleyes:

I am well aware of what CRNAs (those busy little bees!) are up to and our own ASA's inept, impotent, infantile, infuriatingly incompetent non-actions to date.

I say again, wake me when you guys get around to raising money for the ad campaign. I've been listening to anesthesiologists talk about the impending CRNA crisis and what to DO about it since before I was a med student.

Relax, I'm just mocking the pretentious self-important tone of your posts. Dude, I think you need a cape and decoder ring to go with that "fighting for the survival of the specialty" tag line. :rolleyes:

I am well aware of what CRNAs (those busy little bees!) are up to and our own ASA's inept, impotent, infantile, infuriatingly incompetent non-actions to date.

Wake me when you guys get around to raising money for the ad campaign.

A little humour is a good thing. If only the AANA's desire to take your job was funny.

BladeMDA:rolleyes:

Those of you who are eligible need to join the private forum. I will be posting the truth about the war with the AANA and our own members ONLY in that forum. There is nothing like fact to trump fiction everytime.

BladeMDA

Hi Ether!

I say again, wake me when you guys get around to raising money for the ad campaign. I've been listening to anesthesiologists talk about the impending CRNA crisis and what to DO about it since before I was a med student.

I'd like to know how many prepared the letters we promised to write to Dr. Lema regarding the advertising campaign.

Once again here's the address. WRITE!

I think of like this:

If the oil warning in our car comes on, what do we do? We change it, add to it, whatever needs to be done to make sure the problem is addressed. Because we know if we don’t, eventually the block will seize and that’s it. Once that happens there is no going back. Many things in life are this way – you have a warning, you have a decision..

I apologize for continuing the metaphors, but it is my belief our oil light is on, and has been for some time.

Now the questions is – what are we going to do about it? Thump our chests on a forum, or just hope the ASA knows what it’s doing and go to work thinking ‘damn CRNA’s.’

Your voice needs to be heard. Letters the ASA leadership asking them the following:

1. Why are we not engaging in an AANA type PR push to help the public understand their choices; making it known the difference in our training. The motivation a surgeon might have to use them independently.

(SOLOCRNA has a very good point on this. If the surgeon backs the CRNA to the patient, they will be less likely to demand an anesthesiologist as part of their care. Part of an awareness campaign has to be directed at money issues. It needs to go something like this:

‘Do you really want the person with the least amount of training - who will work for the least amount of money supporting your life during surgery? If not, make sure you ask for an Anesthesiologist. It’s your life – It's your choice.’

2. What is the ASA doing to support the opening of more AA schools?
3. What is the ASA doing to curb the training of CRNA’s at the University level alongside residents? If nothing, why not?
4. What can I do to help?

In ten years time I believe we will be saying one of two things to ourselves.
1. I wish I would have fought harder when I had the chance.
2. I’m glad I got involved when I did.

Here is the current ASA leadership. If you want to do more than rant on the SDN – write a letter. Make your voice heard. If you get a response post it here for all to read.

PRESIDENT
Mark J. Lema, M.D., Ph.D.
155 Roxbury Park
East Amherst, NY 14051
[email protected]

PRESIDENT-ELECT
Jeffrey L. Apfelbaum, M.D.
2560 Greenview Rd.
Northbrook, IL 60062
[email protected]

Members don't see this ad :)
I apologize for continuing the metaphors, but it is my belief our oil light is on, and has been for some time.

you don't hear the guard dogs barking because they're too busy licking the boots of the burglars...

In the private forum you can read many more comments about CRNA's, the AANA and our profession. I have posted quite a few interesting facts not available to the general public.

We can make a difference in this fight. The more Residents know about the problem the more likely that over time the opinion of the ASA will change course.

I too am ready to contribute money for a Resident run P.R. campaign. The ASA needs to get on board as well.

Those of you who qualify really should check out the private forum. Please PM tough life or sleep is good for more information. I invite you to join the discussion.

BladeMDA- Fighting against the AANA

In the private forum you can read many more comments about CRNA's, the AANA and our profession. I have posted quite a few interesting facts not available to the general public.

We can make a difference in this fight. The more Residents know about the problem the more likely that over time the opinion of the ASA will change course.

I too am ready to contribute money for a Resident run P.R. campaign. The ASA needs to get on board as well.

Those of you who qualify really should check out the private forum. Please PM tough life or sleep is good for more information. I invite you to join the discussion.

good to see you back again, ether, md

good to see you back again, ether, md

BLADEMDA actually is an ASA member and checked out legitimately:thumbup:

Those of you interested in a real discussion about the AANA, CRNA vs. AA and our profession need to join the private forum.

There I have started a few threads with more information. I await your response to my posts in that forum.

BladeMDA- fighting against the AANA

Don't ask questions. Just drink the kool-aid.

And how do we join this private forum?

I would love for motivated MS4 soon to be interns to join the private forum.
We can't win the war without you. Please PM toughlife and ask him.
The private forum discussion will be interesting- more so than anything posted on the public forum.

Join the Battle against the AANA.

BladeMDA

Time to take the gloves off in the private forum. The specialty is not "lost" yet and Anesthesiology can be saved for the next generation. Our best weapon is education and recruitment of NEW RESIDENTS to join the battle for our specialty. Apathy is our enemy and the AANA's best friend.

In the private forum ideas are posted more openly and discussion/disagreement is encoraged. A Resident led campaign is the ANSWER as discussed in the private forum. All I ask is that every Resident DISCUSS this forum with one or two other Residents. The cost is ZERO but the gains could be substantial. There are many issues that your attendings no little to nothing about concerning the real world. Why leave this very important aspect out of your Anesthesia training?

I look forward to every Resident's opinion in the private forum.

Those of you who are too lazy to join the private forum epitomize what is wrong with Anesthesiology.

The time has come for some of us to show sincere interest in the specialty and the threat posed by the AANA.

There are many ideas being floated around the private forum. We need every interested/concerned party we can get.

If the AANA succeeds in sucking the blood out of the specialty in ten years don't come cryin' to me. You have been warned. There is still time on the clock to take action and curtail (hell-execute) the AANA.

I have heard CRNA's say that the Independent CRNA issue is like the "horse is out of the barn" analogy. Well, only 10% of the horses have left so far and if we need to kill those horses to teach the rest a lesson so be it.

BladeMDA- Hoping you will join the private forum

Time to take the gloves off in the private forum. The specialty is not "lost" yet and Anesthesiology can be saved for the next generation. Our best weapon is education and recruitment of NEW RESIDENTS to join the battle for our specialty. Apathy is our enemy and the AANA's best friend.

In the private forum ideas are posted more openly and discussion/disagreement is encoraged. A Resident led campaign is the ANSWER as discussed in the private forum. All I ask is that every Resident DISCUSS this forum with one or two other Residents. The cost is ZERO but the gains could be substantial. There are many issues that your attendings no little to nothing about concerning the real world. Why leave this very important aspect out of your Anesthesia training?

I look forward to every Resident's opinion in the private forum.

Unfortunately, I must admit there are many attendings in both academia and PP that have NO CLUE about what a DNP is and what the AANA has been planning. Not to criticize them, but they have BUSY practices. While these Anesthesiologists are trying to take care of pts and do the best job they can, CRNAs are out and about brushing elbows with politicians,etc.

We do need to act now.

Unfortunately, I must admit there are many attendings in both academia and PP that have NO CLUE about what a DNP is and what the AANA has been planning. Not to criticize them, but they have BUSY practices. While these Anesthesiologists are trying to take care of pts and do the best job they can, CRNAs are out and about brushing elbows with politicians,etc.

We do need to act now.

Look,

I didn't start this war with the AANA. The fault lies 100% with that militant organization. The AANA uses politics to fight this political war for Independence. The opt-out State issue was and is part of the AANa's agenda for TOTAL independence. The AANA waits for the right administration
in office to wage its battles.

In my opinion, the Democrats are more AANA friendly than the Republicans.
It is a matter of time before a more AANA friendly President/Administration wins public office and agrees to advance the AANA agenda. Once the gains occur they are next to impossible to erase.

What do you think the DNAP degree is REALLY all about? What do you think the AANA plans on doing with the degree from a poltical standpoint? You know the answer: fight for Independence in every State

We still have time to win the war against the evil AANA and those CRNA's seeking to Practice Medicine in your city without a license (save the crap about Anesthesia being Nursing). With the Nursing Board's blessing the encroachment of complete Independent Practice by Nurses on Physician level practice will continue.

Most CRNA's state that they support the ACT model. They claim the AANA doesn't represent the majority viewpoint. Fine. But, the time has come to find out whether this is true or not.
The AANA may have fired the first shots but many of us plan on fighting back aggressively.

Join the Private Forum - the discussion continues there.

Blade

Even if the leadership doesn't know it yet. The next generation is going to fix this mess with the AANA. There may be CRNA casualties along the way but the bloodsucking AANA asked for this war.

With the proper support the "majority" of peaceful CRNA's will stand-up to the militant few who run their organization. It is time we held them accountable for the AANA's actions.

Join the fight - in the private forum. We are stronger with everyone on board.

Blade

Well,

The support so far for the fight against the AANA is fantastic. Toughlife has signed up more than a dozen new recruits in the private forum.

Are you In? We need everyone to join the battle. My "handle" may seem humorous but the AANA's agenda to ERADICATE the specialty of Anesthesiology is no laughing matter. The AANA is cold, calculating and methodical in its desire for total Independence. NEVER underestimate your enemy and in this case an enemy that pretends to be your friend.

I urge every Medical Student who has chosen Anesthesiology to join the private forum. As for the Residents and Junior attendings there is NO EXCUSE not to join a FREE private forum that may help your career and your profession.

What about senior level attendings? Those people I understand well. They have no interest in any battle with the AANA or "education" campaign. The status quo is good to them. In ten years when the DNAP becomes the norm and CRNA's are practicing SOLO througout the USA these people will just retire or semi-retire. But, where does that leave most of you?

Blade- Hoping dozens more will join the fight

Status
Not open for further replies.