Joining the military as a DPT Student

Started by PT0422
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PT0422

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everybody, so I was just accepted into a DPT program and was interested on finding information about joining one of the military branches from someone who has either been there before or who is also interested in enlisting to help with the financial burden of going to school.
 
I was in the Army for almost 15 years, including a stint as a recruiter. I'm also about to head into the Army-Baylor DPT program. I might be able to answer some of your questions.
 
Last edited:
It's so worth it if you can do it...there are tons of benefits to being in the military and the fact that you can skip out on ~$100k in student loan debt is a huge coup.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Look into the Public Health Service. It's a uniformed service with all of the benefits of the armed services.
 
Hello everybody, so I was just accepted into a DPT program and was interested on finding information about joining one of the military branches from someone who has either been there before or who is also interested in enlisting to help with the financial burden of going to school.

Once you complete your DPT, consider the Navy, then Air Force, then Army. The Navy is currently taking the most new graduates, then the Air Force, and the Army is taking the fewest, mostly ROTC on educational delay.