journal recommendations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dawg_MD

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone suggest a few good journals for medical students to subscribe to? I am currently in the middle of my third year and am interested in Internal Medicine so I want something that is clinically very useful.

Thanks for the advice.

Dawg_MD

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I actually subscribe the annals.org , nejm.org , in e-mail for free, and I get JAMA in the mail from being an AMA member. Once you get the e-mails with the new topics being discussed, you can just go to their website and read the abstract. If you are interested in learning more about an article after reading the abstract, you can go to your local med school library to copy the whole article. Not a perfect set up, but at least it's very cheap.

NEJM is the best without a doubt, student subscription is for the print and online journal is $69 annually. Or you could get the online only subscription for only $99 annually (yes, I am aware that this doesn't make any sense). That's at nejm.org.

Also I think student membership to American College of Physicians is free and comes with online access to Annals of Internal Medicine as well as the excellent ACP Journal Club (gives summaries and editorial comments on all the important papers in hundreds of medical journals). That's at www.acponline.org.

happy reading
madC

also keep in mind that if you are an AMA member, you automatically have access to all the Archives journals online.