Juicing/Smoothies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

narcusprince

Rough Rider
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey fellow anesthesia peeps. I just got into juicing with my vitamix. I have increased my green intake multifoldly. My fun mix is kale/spinich and strawberries and carrots. The vitamix is a gamechanger. Lets hear your juicing stories.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
They are a godsend in our line of work. I use the Blendtech, and I add spinach, kale, bananas, strawberries, psyllium husk, flaxseed, chia seed, coconut oil, 3 scoops flavorless whey protein isolate, a couple grams Vitamin C (Linus Pauling), and some Knox gelatin for the joints. Gotta feed tha machine

Members don't see this ad :)
If you're unfamiliar with Blendtech, do a YouTube search "will it blend". Sweet videos and a serious blender.

Dianabol, Test, banana/flax smoothie.

Reactions: 1 user
Ninja mixer-Frozen blueberries, ice cubes, low-carb Greek yogurt, kale, flax, natural peanut butter, coconut or almond milk, almonds, banana, diet ginger ale, honey
Oh and vanilla whey protein if after lifting or a long run

They are a godsend in our line of work. I use the Blendtech, and I add spinach, kale, bananas, strawberries, psyllium husk, flaxseed, chia seed, coconut oil, 3 scoops flavorless whey protein isolate, a couple grams Vitamin C (Linus Pauling), and some Knox gelatin for the joints. Gotta feed tha machine

I would hate to use the bathroom after you. Ugh

I need some new recipes.

This has been my go to breakfast and lunch for more than a year:

2 cups apple juice/cider, 100 g frozen cherries, 100 g frozen blueberries, 80 g peanut butter, 1 banana, 4 scoops Spiru-tein vanilla, 1 tbsp flax oil. It's based on a drink they serve at Juiceland Austin- "The Originator". It's addictive as crack.

Lately I've been taking the time to make steel cut oatmeal. Toast the oats first in the pan, cook, then add some cinnamon, butter, salt, maple syrup... mmmmm....

In order to restore some balance to the universe after reading this thread, here is a picture of raw wagyu beef, waiting for a perfect sear.
Wagyu_beef_cut-300x199_1.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
I've added oatmeal to my shakes before, now I do raw almonds. I like the crunch.

Man, I read the title and thought we were going to get an anabolic steroid weightlifting thread.

Paging @jetproppilot!

I love my Vitamix. Smoothies every morning.

Here's my recipe:

1 banana
50g frozen strawberries
50g frozen blueberries
50mL Kefir (vanilla)
4x scoops Whey protein (vanilla)