June 2009: USMLE Step 1 Support Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Deferoxamine

Non-smoking
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
When are you taking the USMLE Step 1?

For me, I'll be taking it on a Father's Day hangover, June 22. Thank God I won't be busy on Father's Day, seeing that I don't have any children, at least none that I know of.

Figured we'd stir up a support thread, see when everyone's taking their exam, and offer up some good luck for all those taking Step 1 in the month ahead.

Members don't see this ad.

i took my exam june 3rd and the wait is killing me. Also how exactly do you check your score or know when the score is available to be checked?

hey all--
how do you know that on july 15th our score report will be available? I've heard rumors that due to the transitioning of test systems (whatever the heck that means) that it'll take another 3 weeks to come up with our score (for a grand total of 6 weeks-ish. Also, when I log into NBME, there is no "score report date" or what have you, so I'm just wondering where this July 15th date came from...other than gross, medical student, freaking-out confabulation! jk

Members don't see this ad :)
hey all--
how do you know that on july 15th our score report will be available? I've heard rumors that due to the transitioning of test systems (whatever the heck that means) that it'll take another 3 weeks to come up with our score (for a grand total of 6 weeks-ish. Also, when I log into NBME, there is no "score report date" or what have you, so I'm just wondering where this July 15th date came from...other than gross, medical student, freaking-out confabulation! jk

http://www.usmle.org/General_Information/Announcements/page2.html

June 3: tdd340, hateroftheyear
June 5: morriske, skitskat3025
June 8: jsong812
June 9: arroser
June 10: tomorrowgirl99
June 11: Severus, leahmaria, jwax
June 12: Disinence, LadyKae
June 13: ZagDoc, flyingdutchman
June 15: AggieSarah2007
June 17: NCF145, Re3iRtH
June 19: SeminoleFan3, bola
June 22: Deferoxamine, Depakote, soonereng, lazymed
June 23: ACE Stimulator, rahulb, Ihateverbal
June 24: frangeo, sendwich, chaostheory, Vonsmack, Redrox, CptCrunch
June 25: confuse, BONENIBBLER, kdburton, sprinkibrio, durfen
June 26: pseudoknot, bretticus, mahdego
June 29: RisingSun
June 30: PBandJ

Added :)
Hey anyone know how one gets the score? Is it through the website or do we wait for snail mail?
Surgery keepin' me busy, haven't thought about the usmle since I took it :D

Good luck guys!

Hey anyone know how one gets the score? Is it through the website or do we wait for snail mail?

Through the website, with an email sent to us when it is posted on said website. They're saying that most of June '09 test-takers should get their scores this Wednesday. :cool:

Which also brings up another interesting point. When all you smarty-pants kids get your 260+ scores this week, where will people be posting them? Experiences thread '09? New July 15th ball-of-nerves score release thread? Or shall we resurrect the June '09 thread for the June '09 scores only?

Hmmm.

June 3: tdd340, hateroftheyear
June 5: morriske, skitskat3025
June 8: jsong812
June 9: arroser
June 10: tomorrowgirl99
June 11: Severus, leahmaria, jwax
June 12: Disinence, LadyKae
June 13: ZagDoc, flyingdutchman
June 15: AggieSarah2007
June 17: NCF145, Re3iRtH
June 19: SeminoleFan3, bola
June 22: Deferoxamine, Depakote, soonereng, lazymed
June 23: ACE Stimulator, rahulb, Ihateverbal
June 24: frangeo, sendwich, chaostheory, Vonsmack, Redrox, CptCrunch
June 25: confuse, BONENIBBLER, kdburton, sprinkibrio, durfen
June 26: pseudoknot, bretticus, mahdego
June 27: Steiner
June 29: RisingSun
June 30: PBandJ

Threw myself on the list.

Good luck to everyone on Wednesday.

Which also brings up another interesting point. When all you smarty-pants kids get your 260+ scores this week, where will people be posting them? Experiences thread '09? New July 15th ball-of-nerves score release thread? Or shall we resurrect the June '09 thread for the June '09 scores only?

I was planning to edit my post in the 2009 experiences thread, and quote just the score. Oh and I doubt I'll get 260 or above, although it would be cool. I think you should be all set though, my iron-binding friend.

Thought about this thread we had back in spring 2009 while eating breakfast this morning and did a search so I could find it again. :)

Resurrecting it and bumping it for those currently studying for Step 1. We had a nice little system going here just as a nice distraction from the studying, and it seemed to work out pretty well for us. Something you all might wanna do for Step 1 this year.

:laugh: at the anxieties and memories in here. Man, we sure have grown up since then.

Thought about this thread we had back in spring 2009 while eating breakfast this morning and did a search so I could find it again. :)

Resurrecting it and bumping it for those currently studying for Step 1. We had a nice little system going here just as a nice distraction from the studying, and it seemed to work out pretty well for us. Something you all might wanna do for Step 1 this year.

:laugh: at the anxieties and memories in here. Man, we sure have grown up since then.

I was in July 2009, but it would be strange to resurrect al '09's threads! So I'll state here that it was the craziest albeit most rewarding part of 2009, the month leading up to Step 1!

Good (and crazy bad) times...