Junior, but a downward slope!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anjelicad

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone...I wanted to get some advice on my situation.

My current undergrad current gpa is a 2.73. I will be a senior this coming fall double majoring in Biochemistry and Philosophy. I still have an additional year after this school year since I'm trying to obtain a B.A. and a B.S.

Basically this spring I recieved an F and two D's. I had to pick up a second job to pay off my tutition. Anyway, I have not taken the MCAT yet. My plan it to take it Spring 07. However, my performance on past MCAT's hint to me that I may not be able to pull off a good score (Overall 18) :scared: .

I am very much prepared to do whatever it takes at this point to get into medical school. I know that from this point on I can get A's and B's in my classes (basically have no choice). However, since I really only have a year to get my grades before the next application cycle, do you guys recommend I wait and apply a year after I graduate.

I'm very much prepared to do a post-bac program. Again, I'll do whatever it takes to get into medical school. I'm not going to let on semester keep me from becoming a great physician.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated....THANKS

Members don't see this ad.

anjelicad said:
Hey Everyone...I wanted to get some advice on my situation.

My current undergrad current gpa is a 2.73. I will be a senior this coming fall double majoring in Biochemistry and Philosophy. I still have an additional year after this school year since I'm trying to obtain a B.A. and a B.S.

Basically this spring I recieved an F and two D's. I had to pick up a second job to pay off my tutition. Anyway, I have not taken the MCAT yet. My plan it to take it Spring 07. However, my performance on past MCAT's hint to me that I may not be able to pull off a good score (Overall 18) :scared: .

I am very much prepared to do whatever it takes at this point to get into medical school. I know that from this point on I can get A's and B's in my classes (basically have no choice). However, since I really only have a year to get my grades before the next application cycle, do you guys recommend I wait and apply a year after I graduate.

I'm very much prepared to do a post-bac program. Again, I'll do whatever it takes to get into medical school. I'm not going to let on semester keep me from becoming a great physician.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated....THANKS

good for u! don't give up! but i recommend that u quit those jobs and get student loans to pay for tuition. its not worth being able to pay off the tuition with your jobs if u're failing your classes. from personal experience i can tell you that if you looked at my resume (research, clinical, jobs, student groups), u would think even harvard would be at a loss to reject me. but then u look at my gpa... ehh, not so hot. i worked a lot, and i did a lot of extracurrics, but what suffered was my grades. i financed an ivy league degree on my own because my family has no money, but from my own experience, i say quit the jobs, quit the extracurrics and hit up the library 14 hrs a day. use ur summers to do research, volunteer, etc. dont take the mcat unless ur cracking 30s. do an smp, and apply 1 year after u graduate (after u do the smp). if u dont want to do the smp, or if ur getting under 30 on the cats, apply for a DO also, its good stuff. my 2 cents. :)