Junior curious about chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

YellowDiamond

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I would just like to see where I'm at with my profile.

GPA:
BCPM:

Currently prepping for a May MCAT.

Extra-curricular activities:

• Former Division I athlete
  • Involved in Greek system, have held some small leadership roles
  • Completed a semester abroad
  • Tutored elementary students
  • Started research this quarter- though I feel it's late in the game, I really like the direction it's going and think findings could be significant

Clinical experience:

• Volunteered at a neuroscience ward abroad for approx. 50 hours. Mainly visited and helped patients.
  • Volunteered at a US county hospital for approx. 50 hours. Mainly gave directions around the hopsital.
  • Just beginning volunteering at different hospital in the. Hoping to obtain at least 70 hours by early summer.
  • No shadowing as of now. Hoping to get some days in this spring.
I am currently aiming for state MD schools this coming cycle and would greatly appreciate any comments.

Members don't see this ad.

You're doing fine. Keep up the research. You may have started it late, but it's better than nothing, and you'll have more to report in update letters during the application cycle. I agree with your future plans for shadowing and more community service/clinical experience (hospital volunteerism). A larger leadership role might be good to have. You didn't really comment on what your smaller roles entailed. The travel is good, you have teaching/mentoring, and the sport is good to show teamwork. Your GPA is great.