1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Juniors who got accepted

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by STEP, Jan 5, 2009.

1. STEP

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    So if you are a junior, accepted to dental school and not planning on graduating, what do you do?

You just don't sign up for classes for this spring semester or complete a leave of absence form?

I am not sure what I should do at this point. Any advice?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. rewJW

rewJW surviving
    5+ Year Member

Dentist
    Many schools may rescind their acceptance if you don't graduate. You should make sure that your matriculation is not dependent upon you graduating undergrad.

4. Flipper405

Flipper405 "Excessive" flosser
    Dentist 7+ Year Member

Dentist
    Agreed... if it's not, then you could just take some science classes or other classes you have been interested in taking. Another option would be to go get a job and earn some money.

So you applied between your sophomore and junior year? You must have had wicked stats to get accepted that early.

5. cherr1pop

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    my friend's in your position but she's taking the last classes she needs to graduate. you might want to check with the schools cause some even have unit/credit requirements and you might not be done with them unless you did summer school, etc.

6. Quattro DMD

5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Most schools only require 90 credits prior to matriculation, so if you're a junior and you don't plan on graduating just make sure you have you minimum credit requirements. One of the guys I went to high school with is got in after only 3 years of undergrad and he graduates this year!