just a heads up about attitude

Started by lorain
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would hardly think your 3 residents represent who's really out there applying for job.

That's why I said I was surprised. Perhaps there are new grads ready to be a DOP, I just haven't seen enough to think "this grad is ready to be a DOP."
 
That's why I said I was surprised. Perhaps there are new grads ready to be a DOP, I just haven't seen enough to think "this grad is ready to be a DOP."

I said Clinical Manager. Those 4 I interviewed are applicants for clinical manager.

I do interview candidates for DOP. Just not last week. Kids straight out of residency aren't ready for a DOP role.

I interviewed a DOP candidate 3 weeks ago. No residency or MBA. But he's been a DOP for a long time at a smaller facility.
 
I said Clinical Manager. Those 4 I interviewed are applicants for clinical manager.

I do interview candidates for DOP. Just not last week. Kids straight out of residency aren't ready for a DOP role.

I interviewed a DOP candidate 3 weeks ago. No residency or MBA. But he's been a DOP for a long time at a smaller facility.

I thought you were talking about DOP b/c it was in your post. Clinical manager is in a PGY2 wheelhouse, if that's your thing.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm in the philly area and all my 4 co-residents and I all have jobs lined up already. We actually had several interviews so the job market is definitely improving IMO. Philly has the rep of being one of the most saturated too. I will say that all the jobs we took didn't specifically require residency training but obviously all the spots were filled with residency trained pharmacists.
 
I'm getting along just fine as a prn pharmacist at an LTAC hospital without a residency, and I think my LTAC rotation was adequate preparation. Heck, that's what got me the job! (and hospital pharm tech experience)

I'm working my first "alone" shift today. Wish me luck! :xf: