just ask for an interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zymogen

Sweet Like Bear Meat
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am flying to a city far from home for an interview and I have an application to a school in the same city. Should I contact the other school and tell them I will be in the area and would be able to interview? :oops:

Members don't see this ad.

it couldn't hurt....and it might save you a lot of time and money coming back out to the same city.

some people here have previous experience asking different schools about that. which school? maybe someone knows something.

:luck::luck:

lol how much do you care about getting rejected

Members don't see this ad :)
yea, maybe it is kinda silly. i'm sure plenty of people in the area want to interview too

yea, maybe it is kinda silly. i'm sure plenty of people in the area want to interview too

If it's Duke/UNC, I tried the same thing last week. Currently awaiting my rejection from UNC after the admissions worker I talked to on the phone said (positively actually) that she'd write a note to the dean.:scared:

This has been discussed a lot in previous threads. Basically, some schools will try to accomodate you, and others won't. For example, NYU and Cornell do for NYC. I believe some Chicago schools will write a note to the committee, as will some Philly schools. My suggestion is to just go ahead and ask. I really don't think they'll put some kind of negative mark in your file for asking.

This has been discussed a lot in previous threads. Basically, some schools will try to accomodate you, and others won't. For example, NYU and Cornell do for NYC. I believe some Chicago schools will write a note to the committee, as will some Philly schools. My suggestion is to just go ahead and ask. I really don't think they'll put some kind of negative mark in your file for asking.

Agreed. Just ask very nicely and mention where you're flying in from (it makes a difference if you're traveling across the country). I did that. Most schools ignored me. Some brushed me off. But one did offer me an interview...which is in two hours. What the hell am I still doing on here?!

If it's Duke/UNC, I tried the same thing last week. Currently awaiting my rejection from UNC after the admissions worker I talked to on the phone said (positively actually) that she'd write a note to the dean.:scared:

On the other hand, if you already have an interview at Duke, go ahead and call Wake Forest. I'm not the only one that was able to weasel an interview that way.

ok the school i'm speaking of is UCLA. yea or nea?

UCLA is probably not going to do anything for you. Couldn't hurt to try though...