Just bombed exam yesterday

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dartmouth2005

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Interesting breakdown on disciplines.

100 percent on anatomy.

90 percent on phys.

0 on pharmacology/biochemistry.

I had no clue what was going on in the last set of questions. Going to go get hammered. I think I scored too low that I will have to remediate no matter how well I do on the final.

The practice problems in no way shape or form looked even remote like the exam probs.

Members don't see this ad.

How do you get a 0?

Monkies (when i looked at the other words spell check offered the other option was "Honkies") can score higher than that.

Members don't see this ad :)
^You're a delta bravo, as in DB. I believe you're looking for "monkeys", and no they don't.

OP, I failed the first three quizzes of med school and I'm about to graduate. If you need to remediate, do it and move on. You'll be fine.

100 percent on anatomy.

90 percent on phys.

I had no clue what was going on in the last set of questions. Going to go get hammered. I think I scored too low that I will have to remediate no matter how well I do on the final.

The practice problems in no way shape or form looked even remote like the exam probs.

Damn son 0? If there were only 10 questions or something though I could see it. Time to study less anatomy and more pharm.

100 percent on anatomy.

90 percent on phys.

Judging by your class photo used in your avatar, the 0 makes sense.

We've all screwed up in med school. We'll probably all screw up later and off a few patients. You now know your weaknesses. Carry your mistakes with you. Move forward.

In August, Allopathic is full of eager pre-matriculants asking whether they should read through First Aid before classes, pre-study anatomy, do a quick read through of Robbins, etc.

In September, Allopathic is full of panicked, newly-minted M1s being introduced to the reality of medical school.

God, I love it.

In August, Allopathic is full of eager pre-matriculants asking whether they should read through First Aid before classes, pre-study anatomy, do a quick read through of Robbins, etc.

In September, Allopathic is full of panicked, newly-minted M1s being introduced to the reality of medical school.

God, I love it.
I lol'ed

100 percent on anatomy.

90 percent on phys.

Just do what you need to do to make sure this never happens again. I almost failed an exam during early M1 and used it as motivation to completely change the way I study. I used to focus on minutiae and tried to understand every single detail -- but I wound up missing the forest for the trees and nearly failed a huge final. I've since learned to prioritize my studying to hit all the important topics, and accept the big picture instead of getting bogged down in irrelevant details.

You need to figure out what went wrong and fix it now, because the material doesn't get any easier. That being said, it's 100% doable if you make the right adjustments in your game now.