Technology Just bought 8G Touch, need programs....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

redwing16

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just bought the 8G ipod touch to be used as my pda. Im looking for good programs to get me through the rest of 3rd year through intern year. What are the best 1)free programs and where can i DL them 2)best bought programs and where can i find them. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Don't forget to ask around school and go to your school's PDA support site. I was just told I could get epocrates essentials for free on the iPhone. I was going to buy it in a few months.

Members don't see this ad :)
You need CardShark Solitaire as well as EasyWriter to type emails in landscape...

Oh whoops! You didn't want medical stuff, did you??? ;)

check out writing pad by shapewriter too. just drag your finger over the letters of each word instead of pecking out each letter. really slick for email and quick notes that require a lot of text.

Just bought the 8G ipod touch to be used as my pda. Im looking for good programs to get me through the rest of 3rd year through intern year. What are the best 1)free programs and where can i DL them 2)best bought programs and where can i find them. Thank you!

the app store is full of programs and most of the med programs for 3rd year and beyond are free such as:
Heme Calc, med calc, skyscape, medcards.

epocrates essentials is probably the greatest medical program for the iphone..a monkey could be a doc with this program

Ps whats up DOctor Jay!! yup..its pasca..giggity giggity

If you download isilo you can use it to read books on ur iphone....you have to download all the books (.pbd) files ...but they are easy to find on the internet. For instance i have the full harrisons on my iphone

My school also gave me Epocrates for free. It's amazing. I look on in pity at the students who still actually carry around a pregnancy wheel.