Just e-submitted...with typo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pookahead

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
GAH...

I just submitted my app and I realized I wrote : I have will have, instead of I will have....

I'm kind of having a meltdown/panic attack. I know there's nothing I can do, but is this kind of thing OKAY? I mean... would the admissions think I'm ******ed to have done this?

FML. My grades are low enough without them thinking I'm ******ed.

Members don't see this ad.

GAH...

I just submitted my app and I realized I wrote : I have will have, instead of I will have....

I'm kind of having a meltdown/panic attack. I know there's nothing I can do, but is this kind of thing OKAY? I mean... would the admissions think I'm ******ed to have done this?

I think your fine. Your DAT will cover that little mistake. I'm pretty sure those highly educated admissions committee will understand what you were trying to say. :thumbup:

GAH...

. I know there's nothing I can do, but is this kind of thing OKAY? I mean... would the admissions think I'm ******ed to have done this?

I'd say this kind of thing is not okay...lol. Theyre not gonna shrug it off like its nothing, itll definately make an impact. To what extent? Only whoever is reading it knows. It wont KILL your application on the spot, and it might not even hurt you at all, but theyll definitely take notice. Theyd probably think you didnt care enough too look it over.

Think of it this way... what if that mistake existed on your thesis.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
GAH...

Your screwed and your chances of getting into dental school is close to nothing! :laugh:

In actuality, I think there are three possible view points:

1. ADCOM doesn't care and looks over it as a simple, honest mistake.
2. ADCOM looks at is as you weren't serious enough about your application to proof read it.
3. ADCOM doesn't even notice the mistake because he is reading the application so quickly that his mind automatically corrects the mistake.

Personally, I think that #3 is the more likely outcome followed by #2. We have all read typos, but have automatically corrected it in our mind (that's probably the reason you didn't catch this one when you proof read your application). When considering the number of applications these admissions guys have to read, I don't think that they analyze every word.

GAH...

Don't worry, we all make mistakes. I made a small typo on mine to. I wrote I shadowed an orthodonist...woops! orthodontist -_- Nothing you can do now, and don't sweat the small stuff =D

Call AADSAS asap. They have been very helpful to me and I've heard of them correcting typos for people if you are nice enough. Ask who is reviewing your app and see if you can speak to them. As long as it's not yet verified, you have a chance. If you can't get it fixed don't sweat it. These adcoms are pros. They are looking more at content and know how easy it is to make typos while revising.

GAH...

Same thing happened to me last year!
Call AADSAS. Hopefully, you'll get a hold of one of their friendly operators and if they're in a good mood, they'll open your application for corrections.
They did it for me last year.
Hopefully, they'll do it for you as well.

There is no need to worry. Whether it is noticed or not, it is not going to jeopardize the status of your application with that one typo.

Take care.

Omg thanks so much for the advice! I'll definitely call them up pronto. :)

Thank you so much! It's fixed now. :D Woo I can breath!

I realized that I omitted a couple words in one section late last night and emailed them and I received an email this morning saying that they corrected my mistake and let me know that it it would "in no way" delay my application.