Just finished my DAT exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ELMORR

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi future dentists,

I really need help deciding if I should retake the DAT or not?!. I just finished my exam couple of hours ago and planning to apply the next cycle.
My scores are
Bio 17 gchem 17 ochem 17 ( TS 17)
QR 18 RC 19 PAT 20
AA is 18
My current GPA is science is 3.3 and the overall is 3.57.
What do you think?!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
The first time I took my DAT, I barely studied and I got scores = or higher than this.

Retake.

I would personally retake, you're applying next cycle which gives you plenty of time to prepare and it's a good opportunity to raise your scores closer to the matriculant average. Let me know if you need any help preparing for the retake.

I was in your position and retook. Got an 18AA the first time, 21AA the second time with more time to study and cutting out distractions. I'm not a world-beater student either, you can definitely do it. You have plenty of time. Re-assess how you studied, find the weaknesses, and get back at it. You'll be fine. Feel free to message me if you have any question.

Reactions: 1 user
Definitely retake. Your gpa is average so you need a competitive dat (at least 21). You still have plenty of time! Good luck!

I was in your position and retook. Got an 18AA the first time, 21AA the second time with more time to study and cutting out distractions. I'm not a world-beater student either, you can definitely do it. You have plenty of time. Re-assess how you studied, find the weaknesses, and get back at it. You'll be fine. Feel free to message me if you have any question.
Hey same scores! :highfive: