Just finished my first Achiever test...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drill-and-fill

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wow... That was B.R.U.T.A.L. :(

PAT 17
QR 18
RC 17
BIO 18
GC 19
OC 20
TS 19
AA 18

I've read from a few recent posts that the real DAT's PAT is becoming quite similar in difficulty with Achiever, especially in TFE, Keyhole, and Pattern folding... is this true? If so, man I'm screwed. I was averaging 22 on CDP but if the real thing is anywhere near Achiver... I got a long way to go :(

But at least alot of people have been saying that their actual AA and TS scores were +3 from their Achiever's, so hopefully that will happen for me as well... I'm aiming for at least 21 AA and I still have a month left to study so I guess I'll just keep on chuggin and keep my fingers crossed. Ok enough of my ranting :)

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks bro. I see that you stated you scored 6 or 7 more points on the actual thing than Achiever's, that's friggin' awesome! Did you take all 7 Achiever tests? If possible, could you compare Achiever's sections to those in real DAT's please?

Sure, I'm not sure how many of my posts you've read but I've said before to some other people studying. Achiever can be depressing at times but it's really good at identifying areas where you are weak. Review everything and study the parts of the test where you knew absolutely nothing. I took 5 achievers. I thought that in general, the DAT was easier but don't be surprised if you see some super specific bio questions on the DAT. I'd say 80% of the questions are general and 20% are quite specific. But in all seriousness, the bio section can honestly be a crap shoot, you might get lucky with questions regarding topics that you have studied very well and you might get something that you have never seen. Just move on and keep going. Time management is EVERYTHING on the DAT. If you let one or two questions take 5 minutes of your time, you're going to fail. Use the achiever as a practice for that as I'm sure a lot of times, most people find themselves staring at problems that they think they should know. And most people only score +3 compared to achiever according to what I've seen. I was scoring 16-18 on Achiever and ended up with a 23/23/20 so it just depends, maybe I was lucky :) Hope this helped, good luck studying!