Just for fun: When I get my acceptance I'm gonna . . .

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mdm_sparkle

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious how people plan on celebrating. When I get an acceptance letter I am cutting off my hair and donating it to "locks for love" as a sacrifice to whatever magic out there (other than my excellent application, great MCAT, stunning wit, charm and good looks) that got my happy behind into school.:laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

That night I'm going down to Sushi Den, and eating a meal of nothing but otoro nigiri sushi (imported, so it's like 5 dollars/piece)

then, just to be stereotypical... I'm gonna get really drunk and pass out smiling/laughing/crying lol :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
What a great thread idea! I can't believe this thread idea has never come up before! YaY acceptances!

What a great thread idea! I can't believe this thread idea has never come up before! YaY acceptances!

Spatulas, I think you're my favorite. I hope we end up in school together.

Book a European vacation!

I'd love to be in class with Spatulas too. :thumbup:

As for when I get an MD acceptance, I plan to **** in a box and mail it to the headquarters of the American Osteopathic Association. :laugh:

I'd love to be in class with Spatulas too. :thumbup:

As for when I get an MD acceptance, I plan to **** in a box and mail it to the headquarters of the American Osteopathic Association. :laugh:

Didn't you start the poll that I really don't like? The ethnocentric one? Hegemony central?

Didn't you start the poll that I really don't like? The ethnocentric one? Hegemony central?
:laugh: Personally I don't care one way or the other about citizens or not......I just wanted to see opinions

:laugh: Personally I don't care one way or the other about citizens or not......I just wanted to see opinions

Okay, so you can go to school with me and spatulas. You've got Vandy under your belt yet? that's our only option for sarcasm bliss thus far.

Okay, so you can go to school with me and spatulas. You've got Vandy under your belt yet? that's our only option for sarcasm bliss thus far.
I'm not applying this cycle, but I think I will apply to Vandy. :laugh:

I won't be applying for a year, but the parents promised a mercedes benz when I get accepted, basically a undergrad graduation/med school acceptance gift. I'll call everyone I know, and then I'll take my gf out for the best night ever.

I think I'll take her to egypt, always wanted to go there, preety much been every where else LOL. Oh and go sky diving.

Members don't see this ad :)

Spatulas you may be my favorite as well. Thank you for making the daily use of this forum some what more enjoyable/tolerable (I am a recent joiner and find it all rather amusing). I need more "non-stereotypical premed" premeds in my life!

I'm down for a sarcasm-filled 4 years of medical school. :laugh:

I won't be applying for a year, but the parents promised a mercedes benz when I get accepted, basically a undergrad graduation/med school acceptance gift. I'll call everyone I know, and then I'll take my gf out for the best night ever.

I think I'll take her to egypt, always wanted to go there, preety much been every where else LOL. Oh and go sky diving.

given the emphasis on sarcasm, I am surprised this didnt get a rise out of anyone... oh well

I'm going to eat dinner at a nice restaurant, and then **** the **** out of my girlfriend.

I'm going to eat dinner at a nice restaurant, and then **** the **** out of my girlfriend.

Does she truck with the duck? Does that mean you're going to Mr. McDonalds for dinner?

Girlfriends are awesome. asterisks are awesome.

Doctor~Detroit said:
that can't be good for the sheets.

No sheets. It will probably be in the car in the restaurant parking lot.

Stolenspatulas said:
Does she truck with the duck? Does that mean you're going to Mr. McDonalds for dinner?

Girlfriends are awesome. asterisks are awesome.

Yes she does, McDonald's sucks balls--more likely Chic-Fil-A, and yes they are x 2.

the parents promised a mercedes benz when I get accepted, basically a undergrad graduation/med school acceptance gift.

What?
WHAT!?!?

A Mercedes-Benz?
C-class or greater?

They aren't paying for school too, are they?

um...I wasn't being sarcastic. Theres no way in hell I'm taking the car I have right now to med school, I meen jeez we're not in high school anymore - time to step up the game (mercedes). :D

No sheets. It will probably be in the car in the restaurant parking lot.

Yes she does, McDonald's sucks balls--more likely Chic-Fil-A, and yes they are x 2.

I think Mr. McDuck wins for best way to celebrate a medical school acceptance. I mean, you can't get much better than back-seat loving in public parking lots before and/or after eating a #6 meal 4 piece from Chic-Fil-A (with the BBQ honey mustard, it's the best)

Just curious how people plan on celebrating. When I get an acceptance letter I am cutting off my hair and donating it to "locks for love" as a sacrifice to whatever magic out there (other than my excellent application, great MCAT, stunning wit, charm and good looks) that got my happy behind into school.:laugh:

I'm going to post on this thread to celebrate: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=65756

i love people whose idea of game is 'hey baby check out the car my daddy bought me' - if i was a girl i would be all over that ;)

I kid..I don't need a car to impress any one - because I honestly I don't care. If I have the money whats your problem? And I have a gf, so forget the ladies:laugh: Getting into med school and becoming a doctor trumps all else, and if I get into my top choice I'll sell the car and donate to charity, no problem.

I kid..I don't need a car to impress any one - because I honestly I don't care. If I have the money whats your problem? And I have a gf, so forget the ladies:laugh: Getting into med school and becoming a doctor trumps all else, and if I get into my top choice I'll sell the car and donate to charity (serious).

Its just nice to have cool things, thats all.:)

well i was about to delete my post because it was really just because I am bitter - I just had to give up my first car that i have had since high school because it quit running - didnt mean to take it out on you... just having a sad car day :scared:

ps - you should probably wait to see where you get in before getting the convertable...

southern california = yes
midwest/northeast = probably not :D

...a perfect "It's my di*k in a box!" opportunity as well.

I'm going to post on this thread to celebrate: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=65756

To be fair, this thread refers to what you would do in the future, if you potentially get in to medically school. The thread you are referring to is about what you did do once you got in. Future vs. present, I say it's ok to have two different threads. Plus this one is entertaining and involves chic-fil-a and mercedes.

on the topic of the mercedes... I was going to say that, just in case someone is out there trying to get one, I think you could do better. I grew up in a pretty rich area (carmel, ca) and then moved to la jolla, ca for undergrad (i am far from rich, so much so that i get need based aid) but I have seen too many mercedes - seriously they are a bit played out - in la jolla they dont get a second look

gonna have to consider a maserati/lambo/porsche(not a crappy one either) to get you noticed in my town

oh and since my jeep broke down (mentioned above), i now drive a corolla, **** yeah

Well, the first thing I'm gonna do for sure is to **** in a box. That's just the beginning, though. Right after I ****ed the **** out of that box, I'm gonna proceed to **** all over my house, then move to the streets, where I'll ******on my car, **** on the neighbor's cat, **** my **** on Auron's ****, before I finally **** on my acceptance packet and pass out.

It seems a bit late in the application cycle for this question, though I guess not everyone who frequents SDN is currently applying...

It's ultimately your hair and your decision, but do your research first.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Locks_for_Love

on the topic of the mercedes... I was going to say that, just in case someone is out there trying to get one, I think you could do better. I grew up in a pretty rich area (carmel, ca) and then moved to la jolla, ca for undergrad (i am far from rich, so much so that i get need based aid) but I have seen too many mercedes - seriously they are a bit played out - in la jolla they dont get a second look

gonna have to consider a maserati/lambo/porsche(not a crappy one either) to get you noticed in my town

oh and since my jeep broke down (mentioned above), i now drive a corolla, **** yeah

You need some way of distinguishing between the med students (mercedes) and actual physicians (maserati/porsche/etc). What better way than by looking at their cars?

FYI: I do not own a nice, designer car. I drive a Cavalier. It gets me around, but certainly does not help me pick up chicks.

Interesting.......gotta love Wikipedia- the encyclopedia for those with Asperger's. :laugh:

Interesting.......gotta love Wikipedia- the encyclopedia for those with Asperger's. :laugh:
*snort*

Every wiki editor I have met - personally or online - has given me a very strong Aspie vibe!

:laugh:

Frankly, I'd be tempted to call the school and ask if they screwed up :laugh:

But I guess I'd definitely celebrate. And then find a job and start saving up money....sigh.....

sooooooooooo!!!!!!!....I'm not going to hide my hateration...:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

STFU

Ok, I'm new so what does this mean?

thats the number of volunteer hours needed to get admission....to either a mental asylum or a med school:laugh:

When I get in, I'll send in my deposit to save my spot in class.