Just for fun: When I get my acceptance I'm gonna . . .

• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

mdm_sparkle

10+ Year Member
May 16, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Just curious how people plan on celebrating. When I get an acceptance letter I am cutting off my hair and donating it to "locks for love" as a sacrifice to whatever magic out there (other than my excellent application, great MCAT, stunning wit, charm and good looks) that got my happy behind into school.:laugh:

GreatPremedWu

10+ Year Member
Jan 31, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
That night I'm going down to Sushi Den, and eating a meal of nothing but otoro nigiri sushi (imported, so it's like 5 dollars/piece)

then, just to be stereotypical... I'm gonna get really drunk and pass out smiling/laughing/crying lol :laugh:

About the Ads

Stolenspatulas

10+ Year Member
Sep 5, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
What a great thread idea! I can't believe this thread idea has never come up before! YaY acceptances!

RAD11

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 17, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Book a European vacation!

PeripateticMD

Peripatetic
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 13, 2006
World
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I'd love to be in class with Spatulas too. :thumbup:

As for when I get an MD acceptance, I plan to **** in a box and mail it to the headquarters of the American Osteopathic Association. :laugh:

Didn't you start the poll that I really don't like? The ethnocentric one? Hegemony central?

PeripateticMD

Peripatetic
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 13, 2006
World
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
:laugh: Personally I don't care one way or the other about citizens or not......I just wanted to see opinions

Okay, so you can go to school with me and spatulas. You've got Vandy under your belt yet? that's our only option for sarcasm bliss thus far.

Auron

Cruisin' the Cosmos
10+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I won't be applying for a year, but the parents promised a mercedes benz when I get accepted, basically a undergrad graduation/med school acceptance gift. I'll call everyone I know, and then I'll take my gf out for the best night ever.

I think I'll take her to egypt, always wanted to go there, preety much been every where else LOL. Oh and go sky diving.

About the Ads

VandyXGirl

Doppleganger
10+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2007
Ca$hville
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
What a great thread idea! I can't believe this thread idea has never come up before! YaY acceptances!

Spatulas, I think you're my favorite. I hope we end up in school together.

Spatulas you may be my favorite as well. Thank you for making the daily use of this forum some what more enjoyable/tolerable (I am a recent joiner and find it all rather amusing). I need more "non-stereotypical premed" premeds in my life!

Okay, so you can go to school with me and spatulas. You've got Vandy under your belt yet? that's our only option for sarcasm bliss thus far.

I'm down for a sarcasm-filled 4 years of medical school. :laugh:

mikeinsd

predictably unpredictable
10+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I won't be applying for a year, but the parents promised a mercedes benz when I get accepted, basically a undergrad graduation/med school acceptance gift. I'll call everyone I know, and then I'll take my gf out for the best night ever.

I think I'll take her to egypt, always wanted to go there, preety much been every where else LOL. Oh and go sky diving.

given the emphasis on sarcasm, I am surprised this didnt get a rise out of anyone... oh well

M

Mr. McDuck

I'm going to eat dinner at a nice restaurant, and then **** the **** out of my girlfriend.

Stolenspatulas

10+ Year Member
Sep 5, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I'm going to eat dinner at a nice restaurant, and then **** the **** out of my girlfriend.

Does she truck with the duck? Does that mean you're going to Mr. McDonalds for dinner?

Girlfriends are awesome. asterisks are awesome.

M

Mr. McDuck

Doctor~Detroit said:
that can't be good for the sheets.

No sheets. It will probably be in the car in the restaurant parking lot.

Stolenspatulas said:
Does she truck with the duck? Does that mean you're going to Mr. McDonalds for dinner?

Girlfriends are awesome. asterisks are awesome.

Yes she does, McDonald's sucks balls--more likely Chic-Fil-A, and yes they are x 2.

StringerBell

It's the final countdown!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2007
CA
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
the parents promised a mercedes benz when I get accepted, basically a undergrad graduation/med school acceptance gift.

What?
WHAT!?!?

A Mercedes-Benz?
C-class or greater?

They aren't paying for school too, are they?

Auron

Cruisin' the Cosmos
10+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
um...I wasn't being sarcastic. Theres no way in hell I'm taking the car I have right now to med school, I meen jeez we're not in high school anymore - time to step up the game (mercedes). :D

About the Ads

VandyXGirl

Doppleganger
10+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2007
Ca$hville
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
No sheets. It will probably be in the car in the restaurant parking lot.

Yes she does, McDonald's sucks balls--more likely Chic-Fil-A, and yes they are x 2.

I think Mr. McDuck wins for best way to celebrate a medical school acceptance. I mean, you can't get much better than back-seat loving in public parking lots before and/or after eating a #6 meal 4 piece from Chic-Fil-A (with the BBQ honey mustard, it's the best)

MonkeyNuts!

Even Kal has bad days...
10+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2005
Just curious how people plan on celebrating. When I get an acceptance letter I am cutting off my hair and donating it to "locks for love" as a sacrifice to whatever magic out there (other than my excellent application, great MCAT, stunning wit, charm and good looks) that got my happy behind into school.:laugh:

I'm going to post on this thread to celebrate: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=65756

Auron

Cruisin' the Cosmos
10+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
i love people whose idea of game is 'hey baby check out the car my daddy bought me' - if i was a girl i would be all over that ;)

I kid..I don't need a car to impress any one - because I honestly I don't care. If I have the money whats your problem? And I have a gf, so forget the ladies:laugh: Getting into med school and becoming a doctor trumps all else, and if I get into my top choice I'll sell the car and donate to charity, no problem.

mikeinsd

10+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I kid..I don't need a car to impress any one - because I honestly I don't care. If I have the money whats your problem? And I have a gf, so forget the ladies:laugh: Getting into med school and becoming a doctor trumps all else, and if I get into my top choice I'll sell the car and donate to charity (serious).

Its just nice to have cool things, thats all.:)

well i was about to delete my post because it was really just because I am bitter - I just had to give up my first car that i have had since high school because it quit running - didnt mean to take it out on you... just having a sad car day :scared:

ps - you should probably wait to see where you get in before getting the convertable...

southern california = yes
midwest/northeast = probably not :D

VandyXGirl

Doppleganger
10+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2007
Ca$hville
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I'm going to post on this thread to celebrate: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=65756

To be fair, this thread refers to what you would do in the future, if you potentially get in to medically school. The thread you are referring to is about what you did do once you got in. Future vs. present, I say it's ok to have two different threads. Plus this one is entertaining and involves chic-fil-a and mercedes.

mikeinsd

10+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
on the topic of the mercedes... I was going to say that, just in case someone is out there trying to get one, I think you could do better. I grew up in a pretty rich area (carmel, ca) and then moved to la jolla, ca for undergrad (i am far from rich, so much so that i get need based aid) but I have seen too many mercedes - seriously they are a bit played out - in la jolla they dont get a second look

gonna have to consider a maserati/lambo/porsche(not a crappy one either) to get you noticed in my town

oh and since my jeep broke down (mentioned above), i now drive a corolla, **** yeah

About the Ads

monkily_stealth

10+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
Well, the first thing I'm gonna do for sure is to **** in a box. That's just the beginning, though. Right after I ****ed the **** out of that box, I'm gonna proceed to **** all over my house, then move to the streets, where I'll ******on my car, **** on the neighbor's cat, **** my **** on Auron's ****, before I finally **** on my acceptance packet and pass out.

StritchMD2011

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 28, 2002
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
It seems a bit late in the application cycle for this question, though I guess not everyone who frequents SDN is currently applying...

Dianyla

in denial
10+ Year Member
May 26, 2006
Portland, OR
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
It's ultimately your hair and your decision, but do your research first.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Locks_for_Love

VandyXGirl

Doppleganger
10+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2007
Ca$hville
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
on the topic of the mercedes... I was going to say that, just in case someone is out there trying to get one, I think you could do better. I grew up in a pretty rich area (carmel, ca) and then moved to la jolla, ca for undergrad (i am far from rich, so much so that i get need based aid) but I have seen too many mercedes - seriously they are a bit played out - in la jolla they dont get a second look

gonna have to consider a maserati/lambo/porsche(not a crappy one either) to get you noticed in my town

oh and since my jeep broke down (mentioned above), i now drive a corolla, **** yeah

You need some way of distinguishing between the med students (mercedes) and actual physicians (maserati/porsche/etc). What better way than by looking at their cars?

FYI: I do not own a nice, designer car. I drive a Cavalier. It gets me around, but certainly does not help me pick up chicks.

riceman04

15+ Year Member
Mar 21, 2005
Los Angeles
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student

sooooooooooo!!!!!!!....I'm not going to hide my hateration...:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

STFU

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.