Just got back from the DATs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UNR.Grad

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did well on them, but does anyone know the out of state stats for enrollees for these schools?

UCLA, Colorado, and Washington.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

lmao why do people like to brag so much on this site?

I got a 29 AA 30 TS with a 4.3 from Harvard... what are my chances for this cycle?

Members don't see this ad :)
you're fine!
seriously
see you in dental school.

Why do so many people call the DAT the DATs - as if it should be plural? It's the Dental Admissions Test not the Dental Admissions Tests. Just a thought.

Good job on the DAT and great GPA. You should have a good chance at all those schools, although Washington is the most unlikely.

Congrats on the great scores and GPA! :thumbup:

I was just hoping for some input for these schools, the schools never list out of state averages. Didn't mean anything by it, just looking to see if anyone had some info.

I would go to www.predents.com and look under last year's cycle to get some stats of some out of staters. I don't know too much about those particular schools, but your stats seem to be competitive for being out of state.

Although those scores are good, but you just never know. But it should get you into at least 1 school

You'll be just fine. Just be yourself in your interviews and you should be set. Best of luck, and congrats on the great scores, it looks like your hard work paid off.

I got a 29 AA 30 TS with a 4.3 from Harvard... what are my chances for this cycle?

No hope. Time to find a job in the real world.

No crap man, this guy KNOWS without a shadow of a doubt that even if he has "cheating" on his record, he's still a shoe-in for dental school. It just pisses me off because even though he KNOWS that he's in dental school he still chooses to subtly PRETEND as if his already outrageous scores are somehow not competitive enough so he'll audaciously present his scores AS IF he could have done SOOOO much better or something. Instead of pretending to be a baby about your scores you should be grateful and humble enough to not need to inconspicuously BRAG about your scores dude. Don't be a troll!! ALL HAIL!! Timothy T. O'brien :bow:, even his "apparently"-doubtful scores will still blow us out of the water and make us feel even crappier then we do already do about gaining admission

Attachments

• troll doll.jpg
    troll doll.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 40
Members don't see this ad :)
No crap man, this guy KNOWS without a shadow of a doubt that even if he has "cheating" on his record, he's still a shoe-in for dental school. It just pisses me off because even though he KNOWS that he's in dental school he still chooses to subtly PRETEND as if his already outrageous scores are somehow not competitive enough so he'll audaciously present his scores AS IF he could have done SOOOO much better or something. Instead of pretending to be a baby about your scores you should be grateful and humble enough to not need to inconspicuously BRAG about your scores dude. Don't be a troll!! ALL HAIL!! Timothy T. O'brien :bow:, even his "apparently"-doubtful scores will still blow us out of the water and make us feel even crappier then we do already do about gaining admission

Amen Brother!

seinfeld moment

Here are the scores:

Reading Comp 21
Bio 21
TS 20
AA 19
O Chem 19
QR 14
Gen Chem 19
PAT 16

What should I do...

Here are the scores:

Reading Comp 21
Bio 21
TS 20
AA 19
O Chem 19
QR 14
Gen Chem 19
PAT 16

What should I do...

You pbb will need a retake... becaus your QR will not make the cutoff for schools. If you have a really good EC+ high GPA, then its another story.

Here are the scores:

Reading Comp 21
Bio 21
TS 20
AA 19
O Chem 19
QR 14
Gen Chem 19
PAT 16

What should I do...

Start studying with Timothy T., apparently he could help you improve your DAT scores and he could teach us all a thing about subtle humility....how not to do it.

Why is it that only people with average or below average scores and/or GPAs can post their scores without getting ridiculed? Is it so the rest of us can feel better about our chances? I'm happy for you, OP, and I hope you get into one of your top choices!:D

I already explained that schools don't post out of state averages so I was hoping someone would know how selective these schools are for out of state students specifically. That is what I asked in the original post, but now's it's edited w/o stats.

Last edited:
Start studying with Timothy T., apparently he could help you improve your DAT scores and he could teach us all a thing about subtle humility....how not to do it.

I can help you too, if you need it :)

Why do so many people call the DAT the DATs - as if it should be plural? It's the Dental Admissions Test not the Dental Admissions Tests. Just a thought.

I'm just used to hearing my roommates all say MCATs, but I guess they're wrong too...? I think D. A. T. sounds best.

Geez man, take it easy and take a pill of valium. You are ASSuming that people who post their stats on here are for bragging. You might be wrong because a lot of the newer members to the forum (myself included, two months ago) are not THAT familiar with the pre-dental scene; and with the increasing competitiveness of dental applicants, who can really draw an absolute line between those that are shoo-in's and those that are not? So give people the benefit of a doubt and if you really have nothing good to say, silence is golden.

Geez man, take it easy and take a pill of valium. You are ASSuming that people who post their stats on here are for bragging. You might be wrong because a lot of the newer members to the forum (myself included, two months ago) are not THAT familiar with the pre-dental scene; and with the increasing competitiveness of dental applicants, who can really draw an absolute line between those that are shoo-in's and those that are not? So give people the benefit of a doubt and if you really have nothing good to say, silence is golden.

the OP altered his original statement. He posted scores that were VERY good...all in the 90%+ and nothing below 21.

You're right. Silence is golden ;)

why jump on the people who do well? We comprise the 1% of the population that actually knows what those scores mean, give them a break.

why jump on the people who do well? We comprise the 1% of the population that actually knows what those scores mean, give them a break.

If they're smart enough to do that well on the DAT then they're smart enough to know how good of a shot they have at getting into dental school. They're not babies; they're adults that know fully what they're getting into. I don't care if people DO WELL ON THE DAT! I say “great for you” and, “I wish I had those scores”. I DO care when people do well on the DAT and then brag about it by PRETENDING TO BE IGNORANT. Come on! SDN cannot possibly be the first fountain of knowledge that these people go to to assess their chances. Do you really believe that? I wouldn't be surprised that by the time they sat their moxie butt down in front of the computer to subtly-brag like a troll that they probably received accolades from variety of people guaranteeing that they would be admitted. So don't even come to me and play devils advocate like these people are innocent greenies aimlessly wandering the streets of dentistry as if they have no clue whatsoever. Like I said before, if the national average is around a 17 AA, then why do roughly 75% of all of the DAT score updates on SDN only come from people that are scoring 21 and above? Answer, they have something to BRAG about and other people don't like to share their scores because they feel bad. I appreciate people sharing their scores who really deserve to ask the question, “what are my chances?" Somebody with a 21 or above asking this question makes everybody below them feel like they have absolutely no shot. As for Timmy T. O'bbbbbbrien, why did you flip-flop your opening remarks? Guilty conscience? :cry:

If they're smart enough to do that well on the DAT then they're smart enough to know how good of a shot they have at getting into dental school. They're not babies; they're adults that know fully what they're getting into. I don't care if people DO WELL ON THE DAT! I say “great for you” and, “I wish I had those scores”. I DO care when people do well on the DAT and then brag about it by PRETENDING TO BE IGNORANT. Come on! SDN cannot possibly be the first fountain of knowledge that these people go to to assess their chances. Do you really believe that? I wouldn't be surprised that by the time they sat their moxie butt down in front of the computer to subtly-brag like a troll that they probably received accolades from variety of people guaranteeing that they would be admitted. So don't even come to me and play devils advocate like these people are innocent greenies aimlessly wandering the streets of dentistry as if they have no clue whatsoever. Like I said before, if the national average is around a 17 AA, then why do roughly 75% of all of the DAT score updates on SDN only come from people that are scoring 21 and above? Answer, they have something to BRAG about and other people don't like to share their scores because they feel bad. I appreciate people sharing their scores who really deserve to ask the question, “what are my chances?" Somebody with a 21 or above asking this question makes everybody below them feel like they have absolutely no shot. As for Timmy T. O'bbbbbbrien, why did you flip-flop your opening remarks? Guilty conscience? :cry:

How do you know what someone's previous knowledge of their chances is? You sound bitter.

To the OP, I'm sorry you haven't gotten your question answered. If I knew about out of state stats for those schools I would gladly share that info with you, but I don't.

Seriously guys, what are forums for besides bragging? Maybe an occasional piece of advice, but that's not as much fun. :)

Even if you don't agree he makes a VERY good argument and a great point. Estoy muy de acuerdo.

Even if you don't agree he makes a VERY good argument and a great point. Estoy muy de acuerdo.

Me da mucho consuelo sabiendo que la gran mayoria de personas escribiendo aqui estan de acuerdo conmigo! Vete Satanas!

Actually, I will be blunt and call it out as is: He is just jealous. Plain jealous. Look, those of us with good scores don't necessarily know what the pre-dental field is like around here when we first join SDN. We might have an instinctive feel that a 21 is good, but HOW good we don't necessarily know--which is why we ask. So instead of acting like a total jerk and a blocker, how about some helpful remarks? If you have none, I think people on here would appreciate zipping up rather than offering some lame, useless, and sarcastic commentary.

Tim, if I knew the answer to your question I would have told you a long time ago. I cannot believe people are still discussing how you posted your scores and asked a question. What's up with people having nothing better to do than to police other people's posts? Even if you were bragging big deal? Even if you were secretly bragging by posing it as a question big deal, I don't care, good for you. Hope you find the stats you are looking for. Try asking the dental students on there forum (they are generally more mature).

ps denticus I (and I would bet that probably the mature majority on here) don't agree with you. But who knows I don't care (and am not afraid to say it in english).

Good luck to all because we still all need it.

Unfortunately, I do not know the answer to the original question. Sorry! But congratulations and it sounds like you have wonderful scores for both in-state and out-of-state admission to d-school.

I hate to take an already off-topic thread even farther off-course, but will someone please post what EC or ExC stands for? I have seen it on this and other threads, and would like to be enlightened.:idea: Thank you!

I did well on them, but does anyone know the out of state stats for enrollees for these schools?

UCLA, Colorado, and Washington.

Thanks.
I did a check off of predents.com from last year for UCLA. Of all the reported acceptance stats there was 1 out of state w/ stats of 3.85/3.85 22/21/17. There was only 1 reported out of state rejection w/ stats of 3.69/3.67 21/18/21. But, it's predents so it's grossly incomplete and of questionable accuracy. Is there a current UCLA student out there w/ some hard facts (GPA, DAT for in and out of state) for your class?

Tim, if I knew the answer to your question I would have told you a long time ago. I cannot believe people are still discussing how you posted your scores and asked a question.

i was gonna keep my silence, but i think something that should be mentioned just to make the arguments fair.

the original post was simply, "i had such such scores, with ~4.0 gpa, i'm worried about my chances"
that was it, there was no mentionings of any "out of states" related questions.

Perhaps he meant to talk about out of states questions in the OP but forgot to mention, perhaps he only added the question when people start bashing his post, i don't know.

But honestly, if he is expecting to hear "congratulations" or "i wish i have ur scores" types of replies, he should also be ready to hear negative comments. In my opinion, one cannot succeed if he/she cannot take harsh judgments from others. How others replie depends on how u talk. I remember Shunwei's post on his 21 -> 26 dat score post. It was sincere and encouraging. The real original post, not so much.

ps denticus I (and I would bet that probably the mature majority on here) don't agree with you. But who knows I don't care (and am not afraid to say it in english).
I somewhat agree with part of what denticus said. (the long english post, i can't read that non-english post).
For someone who wants to be a dentist, and assuming is already somewhat mature, he really should "do some research" before "asking questions that can be answered in only a few minutes of googleing".
It's not high school anymore, where you might need the teacher's help whenever you run into a tiny question.
The original post was a too general question (i am worried about my chances with a ~4.0 and 90+ percentile dat). With even just a little bit of research, u should be able to find out what are competitive stats and what are avg stats. You couldn't blame others for bashing, because the answer (u have very good chance) was obvious and yet you were asking!!

Of course, i'd think what the OP later changed to, is a descent question, and perhaps only the experienced applicants can help answering.

Tim, if I knew the answer to your question I would have told you a long time ago. I cannot believe people are still discussing how you posted your scores and asked a question. What's up with people having nothing better to do than to police other people's posts? Even if you were bragging big deal? Even if you were secretly bragging by posing it as a question big deal, I don't care, good for you. Hope you find the stats you are looking for. Try asking the dental students on there forum (they are generally more mature).

Good luck to all because we still all need it.

TIM YOU ARE IN. You have a near perfect GPA and a near perfect DAT. Either you are an extremely introverted, anti-social individual with horrible LORs and extracurriculars OR you have a guaranteed foot in the door. Is that what you wanted to hear?

It's bragging and no, the mature majority, including denticus and I are not jealous. It's quite annoying when someone goes on the forums stating a score so high that an idiot could figure out they did well on the test (i.e. is 95% bad?...how about 99%?). As for if they have a chance to get in...do we look like adcoms? Did he mention anything else besides his high GPA and extremely high DAT score? No. All he mentioned was a near perfect GPA and DAT score. Now you tell me if that comes off as bragging. To be honest, I bet the OP agreed as soon as he saw a negative comment seeing that he CHANGED it immediately. I see where you are coming from jake but this guy was just plain out flaunting. Before you start accusing people who have been active on the forums longer than you have, go do your research and see that both of us aren't jealous but intolerant of our colleagues that we unfortunately will have to work with someday :(

The original post contained his DAT scores, his GPA, the fact that he is a Nevada resident, and a question about his chances to several out of state public schools. I guess some people didn't read the whole thing.

If we are discussing maturity here, the remarks made by airsimon and denticus were rude and unprofessional. When (if) you become a dentist and a patient or employee asks you a stupid question that they should know the answer to (even if you think they are bragging), will you mock them too? Posters should look at the number of posts and the length of membership of a person before they jump to conclusions about their previous knowledge.

Can I please request that a moderator remove this thread as it has gone off topic and has lead to senseless bickering that does not reflect well on SDN? Thanks!

...Can I please request that a moderator remove this thread as it has gone off topic and has lead to senseless bickering that does not reflect well on SDN? Thanks!

If you come across a post with a problem, please click on the "Report Bad Post" icon, which is the exclamation point you see in the lower left, and either myself or another mod will look into it.

Disagreements are to be expected, here on SDN, but we ask that everyone keep in mind that we are all becoming professionals. As such, professional behavior is expected. I don't like closing threads, so please keep the discussion friendly and on track.