Just got "change notification" button...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prometheus

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just checked my app today and saw the change notification button, so I clicked on it and it gave me a list of "changes" with "delete" icons next to them. So I clicked the "submit" button at the bottom of the screen and went through the whole certification/submission process. Now I go back into my app and the "change notification" button is gone and everything looks just like it was before. And now my submission date is 7/31/01 when it was originally 6/28/01. Did I just screw myself over royally? Any advice would be great especially from those who already have their apps processed. Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

AMCAS keeps your original submit date. Even though I added schools and added grades which changed the submit date on the printout, AMCAS sticks with the orginial date. That is what they told me today.

they can look at their screen and see when you submitted and when you made any changes.

If they changed that submit/certify button that means they are working on your appl this week. I was told that today as well. That is good news for you. Your appl is almost ready to be sent to schools, that is if your transcipts and grades are all agreeable. ;)

So, Amy Beth, you're saying that even though my app says "submission date: july 10", they really know that I was just adding something then and actually submitted on june 25 or something, so my transcript should be verified pretty soon because the people who have june submission dates are getting verified? That's something to look forward to, anyway!

Members don't see this ad :)
I should have read your first post more closely. I thought you said the date certified had changed.

With my application the "date submitted" never changed. The one that reflected the changes I made was the "date certified" It stayed June27, but the certified date now shows July13.

AMCAS had these dates and went by the submitted date of June 27 to tell me my time was coming up to have my application processed.

Check to make sure which dates changed on the print your application screen, top left hand of the first page of your print out.

Yeah, so I submitted on June 23rd and I haven't seen any changes on my printout except for MCAT score added. What do you think the deal is that others are getting worked on but not myself?

Have you gotten the "change notification" button that Baylor21 was talking about earlier? I just got it two days ago but nothing's happened since then. I hope I didn't screw myself over by following AMCAS's "instructions" after clicking on the new button. I was so excited to see something new on my app that I forgot how inept AMCAS is and just followed what they said. Now I hope I didn't mess things up too much. I'm going to try calling them sometime.

It would make my month if I saw some kind of change on my application to know that something was moving along.....I JUST NEED A SIGN!!!