Just had LASIK

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SWIMnPOLO

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, i'm a predental student, but I just got LASIK.

It's been 10 days, and i'm thrilled. When from 20/60 to 20/15. My eyes get dry occasionally, and I experience a little halo and "starburst" from lights at night. But bottomline is, my vision is A LOT better, and i'm glad I did it.

One question though, my LASIK doc used the Wavelight Allegretto (which is advertised as having a larger optical zone than other lasers) and according to the procedure card he gave me, had the optical zone at 6.5... which is standard (?). Since I have large pupils, wouldn't my optical zone have been larger than the standard? I heard the advantage of the Allegretto is that it would eliminate the night-vision problems because of it's larger OZ... so i'm just curious if any of you could shed some light on the optical zone, pupil size, laser, etc...

Anyway, i'm sure you guys know that you are in a rewarding field. Helping people see whether it be their first pair of glasses or LASIK - has got to be a great feeling. On my day-after post-op appointment I felt like hugging him I was so happy haha.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.