Just looking for some feedback

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Valko

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted early and have been complete for a while with most schools. Just starting to get worried watching all the interviews come to other SDNers. Contemplating trying to add a few schools asap, maybe Albany. My adviser led me to believe I had a pretty good shot of getting into a few of my schools. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

with your mcat if your essays are well written you should have a good shot, it still isnt late in the process so hang in there, have you considered DO schools as well?

with your mcat if your essays are well written you should have a good shot, it still isnt late in the process so hang in there, have you considered DO schools as well?

I think I have a strong essay. People who have read it said they were moved by the story.

I don't really know much about D.O. and I was led to believe that some residencies/specialties can be out of reach for D.O. applicants. I'd like to try to go M.D. but I will do some research on D.O. programs in case things don't go my way.

Also, not quite sure what to make of getting the wake forest secondary since a lot of people with better gpa and good mcat were screened out. I don't want to get my hopes too high, but it would be nice.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's my experience that a lot of schools tend to interview people with really high stats first before interviewing average and lower stat people later on in the cycle. Your mcat is solid and with your upward trend i think you have a good shot at some of your schools, just hang in there, it might be a longer wait for you.

Hang in there, man. If all you're looking for is a shot at med school (read: one acceptance anywhere) and your PS is great, I think you're okay. It's critical that you really hit a home run during your interviews. With your GPA, you need all the help you can get.

surgery residencies can be more difficult for DO's, but not impossible, also, remember that there are more than 40,000 applicants and people you read about on SDN are only a tiny fraction of those applicants.

I submitted early and have been complete for a while with most schools. Just starting to get worried watching all the interviews come to other SDNers. Contemplating trying to add a few schools asap, maybe Albany. My adviser led me to believe I had a pretty good shot of getting into a few of my schools. Any thoughts? Thanks.

After taking a quick look at your profile, you definitely got a chance at least one school if not more. In order to enhance your odds make sure you choose appropriate schools and explain whatever your extenuating circumstances were in your secondary essays. Don't worry what other SDNer's are doing because most people who frequent this website are the exception not the rule.

Thanks for the confidence builders and constructive criticism everyone. I just got an interview invite and I'm feeling much better. :soexcited:

Last edited:
It's been a long time but I wanted to give a quick update and thank everyone for the support when I was applying. I'm currently finishing up MS2 and I could not have asked for things to turn out better. Hopefully someone who is feeling down on their app will see this and remember to keep their head up.

Last edited: