Just made the jump...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrDotooMuch

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is a good day in my MCAT studying. I was scoring a 30ish on (3,4,5) and felt doomed to score that on the actual test.

About 1.5 months into studying and I scored 37 on 9. :xf:

I figured it out. What happens is you study and keep taking test and studying the mistakes you made. Then you realize (for me it was during AAMC 9) that if you choose an answer you would be making the same mistake you would always make and that you should look at the question harder/more carefully. It really felt like i gained an intuition about the right answer overnight.

This feels really really good. Everyone can do it. If you are scoring 30ish dont worry. Keep studying hard. Keep analyzing your wrong answers. You WILL gain an intuition about the questions. You WILL gain an intuition about what why you keep making mistakes. You WILL eventually stop making the stupid mistakes you used to make and start making better choices about the answers.

Just dont doubt yourself or second guess yourself when it does happen.

Seriously. If I can do it ANYONE can do it.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is a good day in my MCAT studying. I was scoring a 30ish on (3,4,5) and felt doomed to score that on the actual test.

I figured it out. What happens is you study and keep taking test and studying the mistakes you made. Then you realize (for me it was during AAMC 9) that if you choose an answer you would be making the same mistake you would always make and that you should look at the question harder/more carefully. It really felt like i gained an intuition about the right answer overnight.

This feels really really good. Everyone can do it. If you are scoring 30ish dont worry. Keep studying hard. Keep analyzing your wrong answers. You WILL gain an intuition about the questions. You WILL gain an intuition about what why you keep making mistakes. You WILL eventually stop making the stupid mistakes you used to make and start making better choices about the answers.

This is entirely true... my exam is aug 12th and i just made the jump a few days ago... i took aamc 8 and got a 36 (12 10 14) and then i took aamc 9 today and got a 39 (14 11 14)... i scored 32 30 31 32 32 on aamc 3 - 7, and i used to make dumb mistakes but also some of those old aamc's were not as clear (some were strangely ambigious) as the 7-9 as ive seen so far. im going to take 10 and 11 in a few days hoepfully i can say the same about them in terms of learning this test intutiion wise. but who knows. ill catch yall on the other side of this beast once its all done.

Also my verbal scores jumped around like a nut job from 10 to 7 to 8 to 8 to 10 and lastly today to 11.

Keep studying guys it will come and hopefully for me it will come on aug 12th when i take the exam.

Back to mcat-review.org awesome review site for the last few weeks btw!

god i hope this is me in a week or so...i'm taking it august 19; i haven't gotten over 30 on any test (taken kaplan and tbr). taking aamc 4 tomorrow...

This is exactly how i felt when I looked at my mistakes in AAMC 8 and moved to 9. When you see similar problems that you got wrong before you should treat them carefully and give them extra time.

Yep. At first. I was saying to my self. F**K! I hope I dont get a 30ish score on my real MCAT. So I put my head down in the books and studied hard.

The one important thing is don't doubt yourself when you do start to second guess the answer you would have picked.

Now I cant wait to take another FL...!

Good luck on the Aug. MCAT administrations.

IF it help. I want you guys to know that I believe in you..