Just started p4, please provide some advise

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

steveysmith54

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am not good at cramming and have some free time during my rotations and wanted to start studying for the boards... I live in CA...

My friend suggested that I buy RXprep and perhaps something additional for calcs. My friend has told me that APhA book is way too much info for the boards... Do you agree with my friend recommendations? ANything else?

I will be taking the exam in 2012... Right now I can get the rxprep book 2011 for 150 bucks, do you guys think I will need to buy a new rxprep book in 2012?

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know about the RxPrep book, but I first got the Kaplan book and found it to be VERY basic in it's coverage. Since then, I've been using the APhA one. While it is a lot more in-depth, it would behoove you to get a good overview of everything again, especially if you have a whole year to prepare.

I second that too. I'm studying from APhA book and I really wish I had an earlier access to this book especially during rotations. It provides excellent overview of main topics in pharmacy. I do want to mention that certain important topics are not covered in the book such as stats, muscle relaxants, etc.